Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Soccer/Football Teams Playing in USA

UK Soccer/Football Teams Playing in USA

Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:48 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up UK Soccer/Football Teams Playing in USA

Moderators; please leave in US forum as not everyone looks in "The Locker Room"). Thanks

I don't know how many of you enjoy football/soccer or who have football/soccer mad kids. Thought I'd give a heads up that some teams are coming over from the UK to play some games in the USA this Summer.... I think the idea is to introduce top-flight European soccer to a US audience and raise the profile.

We went to see Man Utd vs Juventus in NJ last Summer and the game was a huge success (even Pele was in attendance). It was the highest recorded attendance for a soccer game in US history...although quite a lot of them seemed to be Brits on holiday in New York! I've just bought some tickets this morning as my son wants to go again with his friends.

Anyway, teams that I know of who are definitely scheduled to play this Summer are; Manchester Utd, Liverpool FC, Glasgow Celtic and Chelsea plus AC Milan, AS Roma and Bayern Munich:

Tickets go on sale today for some of the games:

Match Info here: http://www.championsworld.com

Tickets purchased via: http://www.ticketmaster.com
Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Soccer/Football Teams Playing in USA

Originally posted by Englishmum
Moderators; please leave in US forum as not everyone looks in "The Locker Room"). Thanks
not everyone looks in the "British Football thread" either apparently
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:39 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice if they played some games down south, I would love to go watch some games but Mrs Yosser would want plenty of $$$ to go shopping in NY whilst I watched the game, so in the end it would be cheaper to buy a world wide ticket, take off work for a year, and wipe my arse with $20 notes.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:54 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

As manc has just said this has been discussed in the "British Football thread" where the word soccer is also banned...
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Englishmum

Tickets go on sale today for some of the games:

Match Info here: http://www.championsworld.com

Tickets purchased via: http://www.ticketmaster.com
This is a good point though,
None of the games were sold out last year, but they could be this year. Especially when Celtic play Liverpool in New England.
The stadium in CT has a capacity of only 40,000 and I expect all of Boston to become plastic Catholics for the day again and go to the game.

Last edited by manc1976; Mar 30th 2004 at 6:35 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the Man Utd v Barcelona last year in Philli, it was a wonderful day with 72,000 sell out. I just got 12 tickets to see Man Utd v AC Milan at the Giants Stadium game this morning.

Roll on the end of July

Rob
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by manc1976
This is a good point though,
None of the games were sold out last year, but they could be this year. Especially when Celtic play Liverpool in New England.
The stadium in CT has a capacity of only 40,000 and I expect all of Boston to become plastic Catholics for the day again and go to the game.
All the games were sold out last year except the one in LA, I can't remember the exact location.

Rob
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:02 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by robclews
All the games were sold out last year except the one in LA, I can't remember the exact location.

Rob
Possibly you are right, but up until a week before the games, there were still some on sale. Also only the Man U games were sold out and the Italian Charity Shield.
The Celtic game in Cleveland was like a ghost town.

How much were your 12 tickets? the ones for the Chicago game against Bayern are $45 each........................
I got a family of four FFS.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by manc1976
Possibly you are right, but up until a week before the games, there were still some on sale. Also only the Man U games were sold out and the Italian Charity Shield.
The Celtic game in Cleveland was like a ghost town.

How much were your 12 tickets? the ones for the Chicago game against Bayern are $45 each........................
I got a family of four FFS.
I have 6 $100 seats and 6 $60 seats, i am bracing myself for the 'you spent how much' from the wife lol

Rob
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

RChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to all

Nottingham Forest are playing 3 games in Washington DC in July. They play the Richmond Kickers, DC United and some university team I think. Can't remember the exact dates but it's mid July anyway.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Inter Milan v Liverpool in DC in late July