Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK to SD,CA..... oh S***

UK to SD,CA..... oh S***

Old Sep 6th 2009, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

bohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nicebohemianprincess is just really nice
Default Re: UK to SD,CA..... oh S***

Originally Posted by unrelated
Well, a few months ago i was asked to by my company if i would like to relocate to the US for 6 months. Really looking back i knew this would not been 6 months but i was just putting it off....

My wife is the one who is really intrested in going to the US, which is why i said yes instantly.

Last week i was asked to move there for 1 yr, this is where things start to become a little complicated.

We have a house we own in the UK and was planning on keeping for 6 months, now we are going to need to rent it for the year.

Well we have said yes and we are going to go for a year, the only thing is... can we really afford to.

So ive been looking into the cost of living in the Uk and in San Diego but im strugling to find the information we require..

Next week ill be having discussions about the visa's and things.

So many things i need to know, so many things which will be unknowen etc.

We have spend 3 weeks in SD (thanks work ) and we do like the place, the only thing is... its just not home and im not sure if i am really wanting to spend a whole year there... theres nothing stopping me just fear lol

cheers
Nothing stopping you but fear? I often wonder how great my life would be if fear wasn't a factor.

I had a therapist tell me this a long time ago... "the body's physiological response to fear and excitement is exactly the same. It's only our interpretation of it that defines it."

GO to San Diego you lucky dog.

Last edited by bohemianprincess; Sep 6th 2009 at 11:40 pm. Reason: dumb spelling