Uk Remortgage consent to let

Uk Remortgage consent to let

Old Oct 12th 2021, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Titch_lite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Remortgage consent to let

Hi,
Hoping someone can help me with this. Im sure some have had some experience

I am moving to the US this November. I am currently with Halifax, about to remortgage early and going to apply for consent to let in Januray 22. What happends at the end of the product term? Can i just select a new product and carry on with consent to let? or do it have to go on the standard rate?

Thanks
Old Oct 12th 2021, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Remortgage consent to let

Originally Posted by Titch_lite
Hi,
Hoping someone can help me with this. Im sure some have had some experience

I am moving to the US this November. I am currently with Halifax, about to remortgage early and going to apply for consent to let in Januray 22. What happends at the end of the product term? Can i just select a new product and carry on with consent to let? or do it have to go on the standard rate?

Thanks
Do you have a mortgage broker who can advise further?
Old Nov 10th 2021, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

When I did this I got a whole new product. I got lucky and got an incredible new mortgage that was 0.5% over BofE base rate. Current mortgage rate is 0.6%!! I had a lot of trepidation at the time doing this since I was already in the US and renting my property out. Barclays/Halifax had no issues with me being in US at all and the whole process was way easier than I ever imagined.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
Do you have a mortgage broker who can advise further?

Lloyds just asked me to advise as to when a tenant is moving in and that's it. Apparently i have to notify them every year as to whether i'm back or whether my home is still tenanted. However, they did also say that i'd struggle to renew that agreement after 7 renewals but we would of decided which way to jump long before that anyway.