Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Police Officer wanting a US life....Possible?

UK Police Officer wanting a US life....Possible?

Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

powersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Police Officer wanting a US life....Possible?

Mate I am also job and have more or less the same level of service as you.

I am due to leave and move out to the States (my last day is Monday). I have looked into this and can confirm that as long as you have permanent residency you can apply for the following forces;

San Diego
LA
Hawaii
Chicago

...there was another force but I can not remember.

So is it possible, yes. Through a friend, I know someone who is ex UK job, got married and is now job out there...and thats the force I can't seem to remember.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siriwanjs
education-portal.com/requirements_to_become_a_police_officer.html
It's still incorrect information!

Ian
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:51 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by powersmurf
Mate I am also job and have more or less the same level of service as you.

I am due to leave and move out to the States (my last day is Monday). I have looked into this and can confirm that as long as you have permanent residency you can apply for the following forces;

San Diego
LA
Hawaii
Chicago

...there was another force but I can not remember.

So is it possible, yes. Through a friend, I know someone who is ex UK job, got married and is now job out there...and thats the force I can't seem to remember.
The problem for the OP is that he has no identified path to residency. Presumably, you are gaining residency through some route other than your Rozzer skills, e.g. marriage to a USC, DV, etc.