Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK pension transfer to USA

UK pension transfer to USA

Old Oct 31st 2018, 10:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK pension transfer to USA

Originally Posted by nearpost1

May I just clarify one thing with you Lansbury, My TransferWise Account shows my account number and sort code and an address of Transferwise 56 Shoreditch High St. Shoreditch, London E 1 6JJ, United Kingdom
But my personal profile shows my home address in Washington State.Is your personal address a U.K. address or a U.S.A address?

Do these data points clear up the question as to which country holds my funds?

My profile address is a Milwaukie, Oregon one.
Old Oct 31st 2018, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

nearpost1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK pension transfer to USA

Thanks Lansbury.

I just got off the phone with TransferWise, I’m sure they love me by now over there.

Anyway, the following has been confirmed to me. Yes indeed my funds are in either Wells Fargo or Community Federal Savings Bank, the two banks that Transferwise does business with in Washington State. Agent also confirmed that my funds are part of a large pool of money in an acct at Wells Fargo or a big acct at CFSB.

The agent went on to say that in the extremely unlikely event my money was electronically stolen, Transferwise would repay me once it was established I was innocent. However he could only say Transferwise have insurance against this event, but he did not know how they were “insured” or who the insurance is with.

Further, since TWise HQ is in London, The FCA has a blanket body of rules covering their activities anywhere in the world. Additionally Transferwise is under the eye of U.S. federal agencies. Finally, here in Washington State they are licensed to do business as a money transmitter by our state body called D.F.I

I think my terminal curiosity has been finally exhausted, and I will call it a day!

once again thanks to you all for your contributions to this subject.

Last edited by nearpost1; Oct 31st 2018 at 11:06 pm.