Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport timeline

UK Passport timeline

Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Passport timeline

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I sent mine off in color... it wasn't an issue.

Ian
Oh man! How long ago did you send it in color? I could have sent it off this afternoon instead of wasting one day Ok I guess I'll send it off in color and see what happens

ajmstevenson,

Thanks for the reply. How long ago did you send it in color?
Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:03 am
Just Joined

YVRTOLHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brigette
Quick question for those who received their passports. When you printed the form did you print it in color or in black and white. I was about to go to the post office to mail my application off and visited this site

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...w-to-apply/usa

Where it states the printed form should be in black and white. It didn't even occur to me that I shouldn't print it in color. Has anyone sent in their application form in color and didn't have it returned?

I'm hoping I don't have to send it in black and white, if so, I'm going to have to get it signed all over again
I also sent it off in colour (yellow?), not an issue for me either. Was sent Nov 10, this year.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YVRTOLHR
I also sent it off in colour (yellow?), not an issue for me either. Was sent Nov 10, this year.
Whew! Yes mine is yellow as well. Now I'm pissed as I could have sent it off this afternoon. Oh well. I'll do it first thing in the morning. Thanks for the info
Old Dec 21st 2011, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just checked and my passport renewal was delivered and signed for at 1:01pm today. I don't expect anything to be done with it until next year (is that cynical of me? ) but if they start processing it that would be great.

I'll see how long it takes to get it back
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Jacidy will become famous soon enoughJacidy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LayDM
Please feel free to rant - 4 months - and no one has had the decency to call or write, it is ridiculus. They said they were going to call me on Wednesday -nothing. I just called Careline AGAIN and they said it has moved to the examining stage but it won't be with me until the end of the month and maybe after Christmas with the holidays grrrrr. This is my third passport I really don't know what the problem is. I should have left on Tuesday, I have to travel next week and so it looks like another trip to Washington - 4 hours away plus $153 for the Emergency passport plus petrol. I have already written to my MP and when I get back I will have him make a formal complaint to the Foreign Office. It really is not good enough.
SO, after all this time, phone calls, letters, and a visit to the Embassy, I have FINALLY received some answers. I don't think that my visit to the Embassy did a bit of good, however, there is an email address that I sent a complaint to for the 1,000,000th time, and someone finally read it, and two ACTUAL people replied to within 24 hours. 24 hours after that, I received an email from my passport examiner at the Embassy in DC (who I've been trying to get back in contact with since September). Basically, I have no government issued ID. So, and according to the website (information posted below), I was asked to send either a bank statement, or a student ID card, which I sent BOTH of. I got an apology for him not responding to me sooner (it's been over 3 months since I heard back from him), and told to send two letters from professionals that have known me for over two years along with my picture signed by each, stapled to each letter. Basically like the picture that was sent with my original application, signed by a professional. I'm extremely relieved that I have finally received a response, and now know how to proceed, however LIVID that it took him 3 months to send me an email that took him 2 minutes to type and send. Had I known this information was needed, I would have already had my passport. My point in typing this (besides ranting yet again, sorry to everyone), is basically if your not getting an answer, KEEP bothering them. Email every address you can find, because although 9 times out of 10 I got an auto response telling me they wouldn't help, somebody finally did. Below is the information regarding ID (I believe I saw someone else on here that didn't have a government issued ID, so in that case, the letters is what I assume your going to have to do). Thanks, and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!!

If you were born: Born before 01/01/1983 in the UK

You must include:

* A photocopy of your current ID (eg: driving licence, bank statement, student card, household bill) AND
* Your original UK long version birth certificate AND
* Your original Deed Poll/Statutory Declaration if you have changed your name other than by marriage, together with 3 original forms of identification in your new name.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacidy,

I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. Will you get the passport in time? I detest and abhor the fact that you cannot speak directly to someone at the Embassy, it would make life so much easier.

Good luck and I hope everything from this point on works out.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, it's been frustrating to say the least. I agree, I will never understand the fact that I had to call the UK to be told that the problem is at the embassy here in DC..which I live less than a half hour from. Craziness! Well, I'm not getting it for travel at this point, I need it for identification, and to finish my permanent resident processing, so I'm lucky in that aspect. Granted, I've had appointment after appointment that I've had to reschedule since September of this year because of this issue. But, that will all be water under the bridge once I finally receive it I suppose. Thanks again!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Consider me shocked to find out my cc was charged today. I honestly thought nothing would get done until next year.

Anyway mailed color printed application on 12-20. Application received and signed for in DC on 12-21
cc charged on 12-30

Fingers crossed that it wont be long now before receiving passport
Old Dec 30th 2011, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Good luck!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

I'm about to mail my app today. I need to send it home to the UK first to get the photos countersigned as I don't know anyone here in Canada so I guess that will add some time to the process.

My passport was stolen so I'm adding in the police report and LSO1 form. Hopefully my luck will start changing and I'll get it fairly quickly. Well..one can hope can't they haha.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Third6
I'm about to mail my app today. I need to send it home to the UK first to get the photos countersigned as I don't know anyone here in Canada so I guess that will add some time to the process.

My passport was stolen so I'm adding in the police report and LSO1 form. Hopefully my luck will start changing and I'll get it fairly quickly. Well..one can hope can't they haha.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!
Take a look at the thread about photos being done at Walgreens, there's some posts in there about having your photos counter signed by non UK citizens
Old Dec 30th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jacidy
SO, after all this time, phone calls, letters, and a visit to the Embassy, I have FINALLY received some answers. I don't think that my visit to the Embassy did a bit of good, however, there is an email address that I sent a complaint to for the 1,000,000th time, and someone finally read it, and two ACTUAL people replied to within 24 hours. 24 hours after that, I received an email from my passport examiner at the Embassy in DC (who I've been trying to get back in contact with since September). Basically, I have no government issued ID. So, and according to the website (information posted below), I was asked to send either a bank statement, or a student ID card, which I sent BOTH of. I got an apology for him not responding to me sooner (it's been over 3 months since I heard back from him), and told to send two letters from professionals that have known me for over two years along with my picture signed by each, stapled to each letter. Basically like the picture that was sent with my original application, signed by a professional. I'm extremely relieved that I have finally received a response, and now know how to proceed, however LIVID that it took him 3 months to send me an email that took him 2 minutes to type and send. Had I known this information was needed, I would have already had my passport. My point in typing this (besides ranting yet again, sorry to everyone), is basically if your not getting an answer, KEEP bothering them. Email every address you can find, because although 9 times out of 10 I got an auto response telling me they wouldn't help, somebody finally did. Below is the information regarding ID (I believe I saw someone else on here that didn't have a government issued ID, so in that case, the letters is what I assume your going to have to do). Thanks, and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!!

If you were born: Born before 01/01/1983 in the UK

You must include:

* A photocopy of your current ID (eg: driving licence, bank statement, student card, household bill) AND
* Your original UK long version birth certificate AND
* Your original Deed Poll/Statutory Declaration if you have changed your name other than by marriage, together with 3 original forms of identification in your new name.
Is ALL this needed for a simple renewal? <<panicking now>>
Old Dec 30th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisa67
Take a look at the thread about photos being done at Walgreens, there's some posts in there about having your photos counter signed by non UK citizens
Just had a look at the thread but my problem is that I've only been in Canada for 5 months so don't know anyone that has known me for two years!

I'm adding in the police report, LSO1 form, bank statement from Canada with my address, bank statement from UK with my address and my long birth cert. I don't know if they need all of these but better to be safe than sorry seeing as I have no other forms of ID. My mum already has passport photos at home that I had left over from summer...I know it says taken within the last month or three months or something but will they really know they're a few months old? I haven't changed any since then!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 7:10 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Third6
Just had a look at the thread but my problem is that I've only been in Canada for 5 months so don't know anyone that has known me for two years!

My mum already has passport photos at home that I had left over from summer...I know it says taken within the last month or three months or something but will they really know they're a few months old? I haven't changed any since then!
Is this a renewal? In that case, note this:

Countersignatures on the back of your photographs are not necessary and the countersignature box on the application form does not need to be completed if your appearance has not changed significantly since your previous passport was issued.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Is this a renewal? In that case, note this:

Countersignatures on the back of your photographs are not necessary and the countersignature box on the application form does not need to be completed if your appearance has not changed significantly since your previous passport was issued.
It's a replacement, my old one was stolen. My appearance hasn't changed significantly but I can't prove it haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.