Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport timeline

UK Passport timeline

Old Dec 16th 2011, 2:02 am
Just Joined

noodlecup93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Passport timeline

Okay after lurking for quite a while, I thought I'd sign up and try to get any help.

Situation:

My passport expired in October, so I sent my passport form on October 1st. They charged my mum's credit card a month later, first or second week of November. Its been a while now and was wondering when I could expect it to come?

I really need it, (as it is my only form of ID with my birthdate) since I can't get a State ID.

Thanks
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:15 am
Just Joined

LayDM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noodlecup93
Okay after lurking for quite a while, I thought I'd sign up and try to get any help.

Situation:

My passport expired in October, so I sent my passport form on October 1st. They charged my mum's credit card a month later, first or second week of November. Its been a while now and was wondering when I could expect it to come?

I really need it, (as it is my only form of ID with my birthdate) since I can't get a State ID.

Thanks

I'm no expert but the website and Careline tell me that once the card has been charged it will be four weeks today the guy at Careline said 'average' who knows what that means- so I guess if you don't hear anything at the end of the month give Careline a call.

Can anybody tell me if hold ups in simple renewals is common around the world or is this just a Washington DC thing - just curious?
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by noodlecup93

Situation:

Thanks
So if you said the cc was charged the second week of November, that would put you right at 5 weeks now. It's the holidays now so I suppose the mail could take a bit longer. How much longer of that I'm not sure, but if you read through this thread and others, it seems it is now taking 4-6 weeks
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:12 am
Just Joined

YVRTOLHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brigette
So if you said the cc was charged the second week of November, that would put you right at 5 weeks now. It's the holidays now so I suppose the mail could take a bit longer. How much longer of that I'm not sure, but if you read through this thread and others, it seems it is now taking 4-6 weeks
Yikes, no doubt I consider myself incredibly lucky... my application was charged mid Nov as well & documents returned, passport received within days of each other in the first week of December. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be that fast as it was my first time UK passport as well.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YVRTOLHR
Yikes, no doubt I consider myself incredibly lucky... my application was charged mid Nov as well & documents returned, passport received within days of each other in the first week of December. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be that fast as it was my first time UK passport as well.
Congrats! Yes you beat the holiday mail rush. I'm still contemplating (once I work out my countersignatory problem) if I should wait until after the holidays or go ahead and mail it before.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Yes you were, but this goes to show that 1) there is disparity it the service and 2) that a fast track service could be made available.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Congrats! Yes you beat the holiday mail rush. I'm still contemplating (once I work out my countersignatory problem) if I should wait until after the holidays or go ahead and mail it before.
You shouldn't really be affected by the 'holiday mail rush' as everything is fedexed or DHL'd over night (you pay and extra $33). The mail is not the problem its the processing and communication.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:39 am
Just Joined

YVRTOLHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LayDM
You shouldn't really be affected by the 'holiday mail rush' as everything is fedexed or DHL'd over night (you pay and extra $33). The mail is not the problem its the processing and communication.
I have to agree --- I read warnings over and over about first time passport applications taking THE longest, up to 6 weeks if not longer. So I was shocked to get it back so soon & those renewing are still waiting? Doesn't make sense...
Old Dec 16th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have to agree --- I read warnings over and over about first time passport applications taking THE longest, up to 6 weeks if not longer. So I was shocked to get it back so soon & those renewing are still waiting? Doesn't make sense...
This is true! FEDEX, UPS and DHL all have had problems in the past with increased holiday traffic (I can personally attest to FEDEX and UPS) but yes it is a valid point.

NOw the only hold up, an answer to my countersignatory question. The last thing I want is for my application to be returned
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

I just got mine back a few days ago. It arrived 2 days after I had gotten my old one back from DC..........Total time from me sending it away to getting it back was a little under 4 weeks.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quick question for those who received their passports. When you printed the form did you print it in color or in black and white. I was about to go to the post office to mail my application off and visited this site

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...w-to-apply/usa

Where it states the printed form should be in black and white. It didn't even occur to me that I shouldn't print it in color. Has anyone sent in their application form in color and didn't have it returned?

I'm hoping I don't have to send it in black and white, if so, I'm going to have to get it signed all over again
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:03 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

B & W
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lansbury
B & W
ok thanks
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of

I think when I printed mine it printed in colour, but it didnt seem to stop them processing my passport, as mine went relatively quickly.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question for those who received their passports. When you printed the form did you print it in color or in black and white. I was about to go to the post office to mail my application off and visited this site
I sent mine off in color... it wasn't an issue.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.