Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport timeline

UK Passport timeline

Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Passport timeline

I'm so happy to see that the timeline continues to move swiftly. Best of luck to those currently waiting for their passports
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

oxonlad is an unknown quantity at this point

My nephew's passport application was received in Washington on Tuesday, March 27th, and the charge has not been taken from his account yet. Is this a sign of concern, or are they just backlogged?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moadikum
My nephew's passport application was received in Washington on Tuesday, March 27th, and the charge has not been taken from his account yet. Is this a sign of concern, or are they just backlogged?
No need to panic just yet. It has only been 12 business days since the Embassy received the application.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Plus with the Easter weekend and all that.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Nicholeml is an unknown quantity at this point

I mailed my first time application to the Embassy in DC on March 23rd. Apparently they have tried charging my card 4 times but my card company declined it each time because I am an idiot and forgot to call and let them know the charge was coming. The last time they tried to charge was today. Now that I have let them know the card company says it will go through but it may be too late. I cannot call the care line because it is a 900 number and I only have a cell phone. Does anyone know if since they tried to charge the card that the application was successful and if there is any way to get a hold of them to see if they will run the charge one more time? This is so frustrating but my fault.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bauch
No hiccups either as it's my first application and I'm a US citizen applying for my UK passport via descent from my father.
Bauch,

Do you mind me asking what documents you sent? I sent documents for British through descent and I am curious if I sent the right stuff. I sent my fathers long bc, my grandmothers long bc, my bc, my marriage license, my parents marriage license, my grandparents british marriage license, a copy of my US passport (I couldn't send the original because I need it next month), a copy of my Drivers License, a copy of my student ID...and, I think that's it.

I posted earlier about my credit card charging predicament.

Also does anyone know if I can call the international care line number and if so will it charge me an insane amount of money?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Peachbythebeach is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband's application was received on March 29 and the fee was charged today, April 12 (but not until the end of the day).

Try to relax.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Ugh, the saga continues. I cannot seem to call the care line. I can't call the 900 number from my cell phone so I added a plan so it would be inexpensive to call the uk line but now my cell won't let me call that number either. I emailed the passport care line email and they told me I could only call them, which I cannot do apparently. I know the credit card charge situation is my fault but it is still frustrating. Is there any way to get a hold of them other then the numbers and the complaint email?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Small success. I was able to call the care line and they told me that the card will be attempted 3 times, which I knew, and then if they still aren't able to charge the card they will contact you for correct information. So they won't just send everything back so you have to start over which is good news. I told him that they have tried to charge it 4 times already but he assured me if they cannot charge it they will call. Now he says just to wait a few days to see if I see a charge and once I do he gave me a case number so I can call back and check the status.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:40 am
Just Joined

patrickyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: UK Passport timeline

OMG, my passport renewal have already been arrived in DC on Mac 26, but they have just charge the $244 on Apr 11. I doubt if I can receive my passport and go home on Apr 20.... Really fructuated....
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

I got a call today from the UK passport office, just like they said would happen, to let me know my card had been declined. I told them I had fixed the issue and they could run that card. A few hours later I saw the charge from them. So far everyone I have spoken to has been more than helpful and polite, lets hope that continues.

Now just the wait to see if it all gets approved. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

So, received March 27th, fee taken on April 10th. Nephew is still waiting - anyone else experiencing delays?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

The passport arrived today!
Old May 1st 2012, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

The passport arrived today!
Congrats!

My husband's timeline:

Application received at embassy - March 29
Fee charged - April 12
Passport arrived - May 1

So 2 weeks from the time they received the application to when they charged the fee.

Just under 3 weeks from the time fee was charged to us receiving the passport.

*ETA: We mistakenly had BOTH of his passport photos countersigned, and we cut them ourselves (I didn't think to check this forum until after doing it), and luckily neither was a problem.
Old May 9th 2012, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Updated

Originally Posted by Peachbythebeach
Congrats!

My husband's timeline:

Application received at embassy - March 29
Fee charged - April 12
Passport arrived - May 1
Documents from embassy arrived - May 7

So 2 weeks from the time they received the application to when they charged the fee.

Just under 3 weeks from the time fee was charged to us receiving the passport.

*ETA: We mistakenly had BOTH of his passport photos countersigned, and we cut them ourselves (I didn't think to check this forum until after doing it), and luckily neither was a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.