Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport timeline

UK Passport timeline

Old Feb 16th 2012, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

englishbunny will become famous soon enough
Default Re: UK Passport timeline

I called the Careline on Tuesday and they said my passport was now in "approval stage" and it will go to printing any day now then it will be shipped. I'm glad it's moving along and I'm keeping my that I will have it next week.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Another update - I called the Careline last night and they said my passport was completed and had been given to DHL for delivery. I don't have the tracking number though so I guess I'll just wait for that email. I'm relieved that it's all nearly done.

Question for everyone - when signing for reciept of the package from DHL - do I have to sign for it or can anyone sign for it? I really hope coordinating the delivery is not going to be an issue!

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by englishbunny
Another update - I called the Careline last night and they said my passport was completed and had been given to DHL for delivery. I don't have the tracking number though so I guess I'll just wait for that email. I'm relieved that it's all nearly done.

Question for everyone - when signing for reciept of the package from DHL - do I have to sign for it or can anyone sign for it? I really hope coordinating the delivery is not going to be an issue!

Thanks for your help everyone!
I haven't heard anything about my passport, I got a DHL email concerning my birth cert so not sure if my passport is following in the next few days or not.

Regarding singing for it...anyone can sign for it. I just moved offices and my stuff was getting sent there, I stuck a letter on the door saying to deliver anything to the woman down the hall and she signed for my birth cert from DHL no bother yesterday afternoon.

p.s. What is the careline phone number?? Do you have to phone England? I'm actually in Canada so it might be different here?
Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Third6
I haven't heard anything about my passport, I got a DHL email concerning my birth cert so not sure if my passport is following in the next few days or not.

Regarding singing for it...anyone can sign for it. I just moved offices and my stuff was getting sent there, I stuck a letter on the door saying to deliver anything to the woman down the hall and she signed for my birth cert from DHL no bother yesterday afternoon.

p.s. What is the careline phone number?? Do you have to phone England? I'm actually in Canada so it might be different here?
The Careline details are:

Careline Passport Information Line at +44 208 082 4721 (Credit Card Line - calls will be charged at £0.72 per minute plus VAT). +1 900 945 2220 for the USA, calls will be charged at USD 2.50 per minute and +1 900 783 5791 for Canada, calls will be charged at CAD 3.00 per minute. This line is open from 19:00 on Sundays (UK Time) to 01:30 on Saturdays (24 hour service). Please be aware that you will be charged for this call so try the website first.

Yes you call the UK but they're very helpful even though the charge for their call is a little steep.

My update - I called DHL yesterday who gave me my tracking number. My passport is due to come today. Fingers crossed it gets here today with no issues!

So relieved this is nearly all done!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by englishbunny
The Careline details are:

Careline Passport Information Line at +44 208 082 4721 (Credit Card Line - calls will be charged at £0.72 per minute plus VAT). +1 900 945 2220 for the USA, calls will be charged at USD 2.50 per minute and +1 900 783 5791 for Canada, calls will be charged at CAD 3.00 per minute. This line is open from 19:00 on Sundays (UK Time) to 01:30 on Saturdays (24 hour service). Please be aware that you will be charged for this call so try the website first.

Yes you call the UK but they're very helpful even though the charge for their call is a little steep.

My update - I called DHL yesterday who gave me my tracking number. My passport is due to come today. Fingers crossed it gets here today with no issues!

So relieved this is nearly all done!
yay!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Oh wow, those costs are steep! Maybe I'll just hold on a few more days. My birth cert arrived on Thursday but today is a holiday in Ontario so no mail today. I have everything crossed that it will arrive tomorrow!

Happy for you EnglishBunny, must be such a relief!!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

GetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enoughGetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know if you need the 6+ months left on your passport for getting into the US if you have a greencard?? My sons passport expires at the end of August and we are going back to the UK for a week in July. Wondering if I need to get him a new one while we have time. we don't!!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GetYourBritsOut
Does anyone know if you need the 6+ months left on your passport for getting into the US if you have a greencard??
You do not. Why? Because you don't need the passport to enter the US... just the greencard.

Ian
Old Feb 20th 2012, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

GetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enoughGetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You do not. Why? Because you don't need the passport to enter the US... just the greencard.

Ian
Wow, I didn't know this!! Thanks so much
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I got my passport on Thursday just past!

My time line is as follows -
Arrived in Washington DC - 23rd Jan
CC Charged - Jan 31st
Supporting docs arrived back to me - 16th Feb
Passport arrived - 23rd Feb

This was a replacement passport for a lost/stolen one. I had to mail it back to the UK to have photos countersigned so that added an extra week or so but all in all, very timely!

Good luck to anyone else still waiting!
Old Feb 26th 2012, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

OldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond repute

I also have my daughter's passport now

Passport arrived in Washington 31st Jan
Money debited 8th Feb
New Passport Arrived 23rd Feb, by DHL
Old Passport Arrived 23rd Feb, by USPS

Booked flights to UK 25th Feb, so daughter will leave before I94 expires.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

mpandtp is an unknown quantity at this point

Passport has arrived!

Here is my timeline:
Posted application from CT, Jan 30th
Arrived Washington, Feb 1st
Money Debited from Credit Card Feb 9th
Passport Arrived from UK Feb 23rd

Still awaiting return of my old passport from Washington though??

This was a straightforward renewal, but I thought this was pretty fast!

Now we can book our flights for our UK return
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

squall26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is my timeline:
Passport arrived in Washington 15th Feb
"Money Order" Received 22nd Feb
New Passport Arrived 12th Mar, by DHL
Old Passport Arrived 15th Mar, by USPS Priority

Last edited by squall26; Mar 15th 2012 at 5:27 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

glau is an unknown quantity at this point

My timeline for renewal:
Feb 13: application arrived
Feb 17: CC charged
March 5th: received missing document notice via email
March 7th: documents sent
March 23rd: received new passport by DHL
March 30th: received supporting documents by USPS Priority

Just a note, even I received an email from an the person who processed my applications about my missing document, she never once replied to any of my questions.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

My timeline is the same as glau's except I don't have any of my supporting documents back.

Do note though, you are not allowed to be happy on your UK passport photo ... I should have known this from my daughters reports since she arrived back. Apparently no one in the UK is happy they are all miserable sods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.