Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport timeline

UK Passport timeline

Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:19 am
Just Joined

applejuicebaby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: UK Passport timeline

I used the C1. Don't know if there's a specific one you shouldn't use, perhaps it's down to preference? I'd say go with the C1, but that's just me because that's what I did.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:20 am
Just Joined

SarahJo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

I'm anxiously awaiting my passport and hoping that all is well...

Sent application: July 16
Arrived in DC: July 18
Credit Card charged : July 24
Credit Card Processed: July 26

I am under the assumption that they do not charge your card until they start working on your application, which means that if I have not heard anything I should be okay? Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, if they do contact me, will it be via email or will they send everything back as a denial so I can fix it and send it back?

Thanks
Sarah
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks applejuicebaby, I decided to go with the fill in form, so fingers crossed.

My mail date is July 31st, expected arrival in DC Aug 3rd.

Heartened by the short amount of time it took SarahJo to get to the charge credit card stage.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

krishtopherson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jscl
Did you guys apply using Form C1 or the fill-in form OL? They look approximately the same but I can't find anything to say you specifically can or cannot use the fill-in form OL.
I used the Smart Passport Applicaton (OL). It helped you advance through each step with the radio buttons. The only part I filled in by hand was my signature, initialing the bottom of each page and the countersignature section.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SarahJo
Hey everyone,

I'm anxiously awaiting my passport and hoping that all is well...

Sent application: July 16
Arrived in DC: July 18
Credit Card charged : July 24
Credit Card Processed: July 26

I am under the assumption that they do not charge your card until they start working on your application, which means that if I have not heard anything I should be okay? Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, if they do contact me, will it be via email or will they send everything back as a denial so I can fix it and send it back?

Thanks
Sarah
I needed to provide some extra information about my identity and countersignatory. A passport examiner contacted me via e-mail. Thankfully I could provide all of that in a reply e-mail instead of having to mail anything in. I had 2 weeks to do that before they would send my application back.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Sarahjo, yes if they have charged your card, then it goes in the pile from what I've heard. When I did mine, I got my passport three weeks after they had taken payment however. I hope that makes you feel better! The only thing I will say is they might be a little swamped until the end of August I'm sure. Keepin my fingers crossed for you!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

No problem Jsci! Gingers crossed for you too!
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by krishtopherson
I needed to provide some extra information about my identity and countersignatory. A passport examiner contacted me via e-mail. Thankfully I could provide all of that in a reply e-mail instead of having to mail anything in. I had 2 weeks to do that before they would send my application back.
Thank you! So far I have heard nothing from them via email or mail. It has been 10 days since they took the money from the card so hopefully all is well and I am just waiting for my passport to come to me
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by applejuicebaby
Sarahjo, yes if they have charged your card, then it goes in the pile from what I've heard. When I did mine, I got my passport three weeks after they had taken payment however. I hope that makes you feel better! The only thing I will say is they might be a little swamped until the end of August I'm sure. Keepin my fingers crossed for you!
That makes me feel much better thank you. It has been 10 days and counting since my card was charged and I have not heard a word from them so I am hoping all is well. I am hoping to travel mid-september so I am cutting it close but hopefully it will come soon
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Krishtopherson,

Once you supplied them with that information, how long was it until you got your passport? I just received an email from them asking for a copy of my green card, so I mailed it out to them today. It would not let me send anything via email so they will not get it til Wednesday. I am just curious as to my time frame now?? Thanks in advance

Sarah
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SarahJo
Krishtopherson,

Once you supplied them with that information, how long was it until you got your passport? I just received an email from them asking for a copy of my green card, so I mailed it out to them today. It would not let me send anything via email so they will not get it til Wednesday. I am just curious as to my time frame now?? Thanks in advance

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Here's my updated timeline:
14 June: received e-mail from British Embassy asking for documents
18 June: replied to to e-mail with scan of US passport and details of countersignature
25 June: received my documents from British Embassy via USPS
28 June: received my passport from the UK; received a call from DHL in the morning with my tracking number and passport arrived in the afternoon

Looks like it took a week and a half after providing the extra information. Best of luck with your application!

Krish
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

My credit card has been charged already, they'd only had my application four days and two of them were the weekend!

My timeline

Sent: Jul 31st
Received: Aug 2nd
Credit Card Charged: Aug 6th
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Awesome! Glad to hear everyone's passports have been coming in promptly!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Hi Sarah,

Here's my updated timeline:
14 June: received e-mail from British Embassy asking for documents
18 June: replied to to e-mail with scan of US passport and details of countersignature
25 June: received my documents from British Embassy via USPS
28 June: received my passport from the UK; received a call from DHL in the morning with my tracking number and passport arrived in the afternoon

Looks like it took a week and a half after providing the extra information. Best of luck with your application!

Krish
Thank you! That gives me hope that I will be booking my flight in the next few weeks. Hope mine comes as quickly as yours did!
Old Aug 9th 2012, 2:35 pm
JGS
Just Joined

JGS is an unknown quantity at this point

My first time application moved really fast:

July 10: Application received by embassy
July 17: Payment debited
August 1: Received call from embassy requesting scan of father's US naturalization certificate. Sent scan.
August 6: Passport sent from UK
August 9: Received passport via DHL

So a little over three weeks from cc charge to receipt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.