Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal from USA

Uk passport renewal from USA

Old Aug 30th 2019, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Flaura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk passport renewal from USA

Hi guys,
so my husband and daughter (4 years old) sent off their passports (not expired-5 months left) from here in NC for renewal.
After being in processing since 20 August we received an email yesterday (29th) asking my husband to send his second passport (he was issued two due to travelling between hostile countries) as was his own error. This was sent yesterday and is guaranteed to arrive Monday direct to the overseas team unit.

my questions are:
1. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of this type of situation? once they’ve received the 2nd passport will the process start over from scratch time-wise ie enter the processing queue again or will it gain approval from the unit therefore speeding up its arrival? (I know this maybe a long shot and subject to guess work, but I thought I’d try!)

2. We have not heard about my daughters passport since it entered processing on the same day and time as my husbands (10 days ago). Could this be that they are keeping them both together in that unit so they could be processed/issued at the same time? There has been no communication to say there’s any issue with her application.
Or are child passports dealt with differently and take longer to process?

we have an urgent deadline of 27/09/19 to get their new passports back (which Is 4 weeks away) can anyone reassure me with their knowledge or experience ?!?!?!?

thank you so much 🇬🇧
Old Sep 4th 2019, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal from USA

You should get them in plenty of time. Processing is pretty fast at Durham. Mine was delayed because they needed more info on my counter signatory. As soon as they received the info, my passport was printed and dispatched.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Update...

HM passport office were holding my daughters application with my husband and as soon as they received my husbands 2nd passport they approved the new passports!
Currently winging their way to us as we speak! So relieved. The passport office were awesome and even responded to email questions within 15 minutes. !!!
Old Sep 5th 2019, 12:42 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flaura
Update...

HM passport office were holding my daughters application with my husband and as soon as they received my husbands 2nd passport they approved the new passports!
Currently winging their way to us as we speak! So relieved. The passport office were awesome and even responded to email questions within 15 minutes. !!!
Glad it worked out. Out of interest was the 2nd UK passport current or expired? I did not include my 2nd UK passport because it was expired a few years earlier than the one I renewed and they did not request it.
Old Sep 5th 2019, 2:02 am
Just Joined

It was current...it was issued on the same date as the other passport. Having only needed one passport (with L1 visa in it) for the last few years he forgot about the other one, hence why we didn’t send it!
Originally Posted by tht

Glad it worked out. Out of interest was the 2nd UK passport current or expired? I did not include my 2nd UK passport because it was expired a few years earlier than the one I renewed and they did not request it.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Passport office is getting really slick.

- Applied 29 October for new passport (old one runs out December 2019).
- Sent documents via Fed Ex 30th October
- Docs delivered 1 November
- Passport office acknowledged receipt of documents 4 November
- Received notification today (5 November) that application approved, new passport being printed and will be on way shortly.

What efficiency ......