Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal in US

UK Passport Renewal in US

Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

Originally Posted by Chris_P
I've just found the forum while looking for answers on renewals. Great info here! But, does anyone have an answer to my problem? Who can sign the back of my new photos? I'm in Yuma, Arizona, and don't have any local "Members of Parliament" to sign. Who do you use????
Chris
Doctor, dentist, vet, teacher, bank manager etc.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_P
I'm in Yuma, Arizona, and don't have any local "Members of Parliament" to sign. Who do you use?
You use a US citizen who holds an equivalent status in the US. From the Notes: "If you do not know a British national or other Commonwealth citizen locally with these qualifications, a citizen of the country in which you are residing may complete and sign the form, provided he/she has a similar standing in that country has known you for two years and the Consul considers his/her signature to be acceptable."

Ian
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

copey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nice

Help, I have a problem getting my UK Passport. I am a UK citizen, resident here in the US and I don't know anyone other than family for 2 years. Who could sign my photo's? My passport runs out in 3 months.

Any idea's?

Cheers

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

rew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud of

If you're just renewing an unexpired passport, and you still look like your old photo, you don't need your photos countersigned.

[Just done this: Sent form C1 (shrunk to fit on letter size paper), credit card authorization form, old passport, and two photos (closest I could get to UK specs but not quite, unsigned). Application arrived in DC on 1/4/08, Passport received by UPS Next Day Air on 1/14/08]
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

copey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nicecopey007 is just really nice

Really? cool, so my passport expires in April this year, so what do I do, just ignore that bit? I still look the same!

Thanks for that,

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

rew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud of

Yes, just ignore the countersignatory section on the form, and send unsigned photos.

(from the British Embassy website

14. Do I need to have my application countersigned if it is a straightforward renewal?

If your passport was issued in the last 10 years, this is not normally necessary unless your appearance has noticeably changed.

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25312
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you soooo much! I am not very bright, lol

I will send it by Fedex now

Cheers

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Damn, one last thing. Do I need to send a copy of my GC or Birth Certificate?

I can't seem to find the information...

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copey007
Damn, one last thing. Do I need to send a copy of my GC or Birth Certificate?

I can't seem to find the information...

Mark
Definitely don't need to send a copy of your GC

I remember when we renewed ours I could not find the information about the birth certificate either, so we just sent it anyway.

I'm fairly sure it's not needed, but for the sake of the 10 seconds it takes to take a copy...
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

LOL, its tough.

So I should send a copy of both my Birth Certificate and GC?

Cheers

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:57 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, its tough.

So I should send a copy of both my Birth Certificate and GC?

Cheers

Mark
Why do you think the British Embassy folks would be interested in your GC?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
Why do you think the British Embassy folks would be interested in your GC?
It's mentioned on the British Embassy website,

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25302

but it appears to be in connection with first time passports...

A lot of stuff on the website is confusing, but I can reiterate that from personal experience this week, to simply renew an existing passport, you just fill out form C1 (ignoring the countersignature section) and send your old passport, the credit card form, and your new photo.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rew1000
It's mentioned on the British Embassy website,

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25302

but it appears to be in connection with first time passports...

A lot of stuff on the website is confusing, but I can reiterate that from personal experience this week, to simply renew an existing passport, you just fill out form C1 (ignoring the countersignature section) and send your old passport, the credit card form, and your new photo.
Permanent Resident card is listed under "If this is a first time application:"

If that is confusing, gods help you if you have to fill out US immigration docs!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

I'm an idiot, thanks for all your help and I hope my stupidity is of use to other exPats!!

Cheers

Mark

PS I cannot wait to have a proper english bacon sarnie!!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Really? cool, so my passport expires in April this year, so what do I do, just ignore that bit? I still look the same!

Thanks for that,

Mark
Yep that's what I did when I renewed mine last year. Just send in the new photos without countersigning.

If it's a straightforward renewal you do not have to send in any other documents apart from your existing PP, renewal form and payment...they already have all your details on file.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 16th 2008 at 4:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.