Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:25 pm
amo
Just Joined

amo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

hi guys
I sent my valid british passport for renewal with completed c1 form to Washington it was received on the 17 September I have been reading this forum and have realised I might have sent it to the wrong place it should have gone to durham help any idea wat I do now
Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amo
hi guys
I sent my valid british passport for renewal with completed c1 form to Washington it was received on the 17 September I have been reading this forum and have realised I might have sent it to the wrong place it should have gone to durham help any idea wat I do now
Don't worry; Washington doesn't close until the end of November. There'll be a fairly generous grace period where the application will still be processed in Washington.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:56 pm
amo
Just Joined

thank you ver very much for your quick reply im in Canada working and have to return to uk in November then fly back to Canada end of January my passports 6 months left hence I needed to renew it to return to Canada I thought I had messed up what a great relief once again thank you
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:01 pm
amo
Just Joined

am I right in thinking providing your paper work is complete that the turn around time for a passport renewal is around about 3 weeks this year seems to have been going well for passport renewals turn around no back logs
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:20 pm
amo
Just Joined

also the Washington office states that they no longer process british passportsso what is the chance they might process mine any advice much appreciated
thank you
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:20 pm
amo
Just Joined

also the Washington office states that they no longer process british passportsso what is the chance they might process mine any advice much appreciated
thank you
Old Sep 24th 2013, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

judesM is an unknown quantity at this point

9/9 passport renewal (expired) to Durham via US Post Office $23.95. Flat rate express (claims delivery in 6-10days).

9/18 US credit card posted fee of $236.27 plus cc foreign transaction fee of $7.08.

I used Walgreens for photos. Hope they pass muster.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

KikiDoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I mailed my renewal application off to Durham today. It cost $87 with FedEx! Crazy.

I included a color photocopy of my full US passport, no way am I sending the original to them. Rather worried about this aspect of it.

Phoned the bank to forewarn them of the forthcoming payment.

Used Walgreens for the photos (which turned out pretty hideous).
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Oaktree21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Renewal for 8 year old daughter:

sent DHL to Durham 10th September for 12th September delivery
Funds taken from credit card 13th September
Old passport returned 19th September
New passport delivered 23rd September.

Start to finish was less than two weeks, pretty painless really.

Oaktree Houston
Old Sep 25th 2013, 12:34 am
amo
Just Joined

hi I sent my valid passport and c1 form to Washington dc on the 16th September it was received by them on 17 September I then realised after reading this forum I had sent to wrong place as I should have sent to durham in uk so now im waiting for it to be sent to the uk I have emailed ips in Newport wales and they have advised me that wahington should send it to them I should wait a few days then email them to see if anything come up in there system I was in a rush and did notr research enough . hopefully they receive application and passport soon
Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

triptastic is on a distinguished road

UPS worldwide express to Durham location in UK.

Type: Standard adult renewal
Date sent: Sep 19, arrived Sep 23
Date payment taken: Sep 25
Date received old documents: ...
Date new passport arrived: ...
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:51 am
Just Joined

johnjohnson is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been told the procedure for renewing a UK passport from the UK has changed. Instead of going to the British Embassy in Washington D.C., my passport now has to be sent directly to the UK.

My main question is:

When I send the paperwork in, do I also need to get the application form countersigned? I did this when I applied for my passport back in 2003. Is it necessary to do so again?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 2:23 am
amo
Just Joined

providing your passport is still valid and your appearance aint changed significantly then just send your passport and application without countersignature
Old Sep 26th 2013, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

judesM is an unknown quantity at this point

9/9 expired renewal to Durham. US Post Office. $23.00. (6 - 10 day delivery)
9/18 US credit card posted $236.27 plus $7.08 foreign trans. fee
9/25 New passport arrived.

I don't know when my paperwork arrived at Durham. No option for el cheapo but probably not very sensible.

Used Walgreen's for photo. Brought my own ruler as we couldn't find a ruler with mm measurement in store!
Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

KikiDoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KikiDoug
I mailed my renewal application off to Durham today. It cost $87 with FedEx! Crazy.

I included a color photocopy of my full US passport, no way am I sending the original to them. Rather worried about this aspect of it.

Phoned the bank to forewarn them of the forthcoming payment.

Used Walgreens for the photos (which turned out pretty hideous).
Old passport and supporting docs received on Oct 4th, just 11 days after I sent off my old one! The UPS guy said he had another package for me on Oct 7, which I guess will be the new passport. I think this is the fastest turnaround for a passport I have ever had!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.