Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK passport renewal, how early?

UK passport renewal, how early?

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK passport renewal, how early?

I see the wiki says you can renew UK passports up to nine months before they expire and have that time added on to the new passport lifetime. I can't find confirmation of this (or anything regarding when to renew) at the UK passport site and wanted to check if the information was up to date.

Has anyone spotted this info at the official website or could anyone confirm the nine month information is current? Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport renewal, how early?

Isn't it always the case, straight away you ask for info you find the answer yourself?!

I thought I'd download the forms anyway, and although it doesn't seem to mention it in the online instructions, on the actual Form C1 notes pdf, the nine months early part is confirmed.

Sorry!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:33 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport renewal, how early?

Did mine 8 months early last year and it was added on to the new passport making it a 10 year 8 month passport.