Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Question

UK Passport Question

Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Ricco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Passport Question

I am a Green card holder and my British Passport expires in June this year. I am travelling to the UK in March/April - will I have any trouble getting back into the US since my Passport will have less than 6 months on it when I get back?

I plan on renewing it when I get back, just wanted to make sure I would be Ok returning to the US with my GC and soon to expire PP.

Thanks,
Richard.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Question

No because the validity of the passport only effects how long you are granted admission for if arriving as a visitor. You are a LPR

You might want to consider renewing while in the UK, if you have time. It will be cheaper.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lansbury
No because the validity of the passport only effects how long you are granted admission for if arriving as a visitor. You are a LPR

You might want to consider renewing while in the UK, if you have time. It will be cheaper.
Thanks, thats what I thought.. I have thought about renewing it while I'm in the UK but only going to be there for two weeks and seems like to do it there would require a full day in Peterborough
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I should have said welcome to BE by the way. Just realized you are a new member.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ricco
Thanks, thats what I thought.. I have thought about renewing it while I'm in the UK but only going to be there for two weeks and seems like to do it there would require a full day in Peterborough
It depends.

Costs a hell of a lot more renewing it in the US, is that worth a day out of your plans? Probably get it done in the mail in 2 weeks though.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
It depends.

Costs a hell of a lot more renewing it in the US, is that worth a day out of your plans? Probably get it done in the mail in 2 weeks though.
It's $205 to do it in the US isnt it? That is more than worth a day of my holiday to me.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ricco
It's $205 to do it in the US isnt it? That is more than worth a day of my holiday to me.
Blimey, went down that much huh...was $260 or so earlier in the year, plus courier costs.