Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport in North America - Help!

UK Passport in North America - Help!

Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

aml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to all
Default UK Passport in North America - Help!

I know there is a lengthy thread on the delays, but this is off that topic and I need pretty urgent help.

We sent of the application for my son's first UK passport a little while back. Payment has not yet been taken. However, some thieving piece of scum has now managed to get hold of my wife's credit card details - the card we used with the application. We are notifying the CC company right now, but as is standard, they will cancel her card and issue a new one, meaning when the passport office looks to take our payment it will be rejected. What can we do about this? Is there any way to contact them in advance and let them know of different payment details? Part of me even wonders if the authorisation we sent out with the CC details on it was where whoever it was got the details in the first place, so I don't know how keen I am to send another one of those out.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:20 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Passport in North America - Help!

My understanding is you can ask your CC company to allow certain charges through.. they should help you.If someone stole your details your card company are going to want to know legitimate charges against fraud anyway... I also understand that brit embassy will try to run it 3 times.. if no joy they will then contact you... look thru the main passport problems thread I know i've seen something about it.

Everybody on this site is very helpful so you should get the info you need.
Look thru the main thread

Good Luck
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:01 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport in North America - Help!

Originally Posted by aml1982
I know there is a lengthy thread on the delays, but this is off that topic and I need pretty urgent help.

We sent of the application for my son's first UK passport a little while back. Payment has not yet been taken. However, some thieving piece of scum has now managed to get hold of my wife's credit card details - the card we used with the application. We are notifying the CC company right now, but as is standard, they will cancel her card and issue a new one, meaning when the passport office looks to take our payment it will be rejected. What can we do about this? Is there any way to contact them in advance and let them know of different payment details? Part of me even wonders if the authorisation we sent out with the CC details on it was where whoever it was got the details in the first place, so I don't know how keen I am to send another one of those out.
Try reposting your question in this thread. Dean Churm, the British Consul & Regional Operations Manager for Southern USA, is participating in that thread and may be able to answer your question.