Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Information Helpline Unavailable

UK Passport Information Helpline Unavailable

Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:53 pm
US Mom of UK Son

MorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud of
Default UK Passport Information Helpline Unavailable

I am attempting to use the Passport Information Helpline using a mobile phone and calling from the USA via the premium rate telephone number, 1 900 945 2220.

I am receiving a message that the service is “restricted or is unavailable” and to “please contact customer care” with no information on how to do that. I assume that the only option is to send an email to the address provided for feedback, which I've done.

Does anyone have any experience with this service who can tell me why am I unable to reach someone? Are there any alternatives?

I need information regarding a long overdue passport and am very concerned that it may be lost or that they need more information and can't contact us.

Kind regards,
Mary
Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Information Helpline Unavailable

If you're using a mobile phone you may have premium number calling blocked. The customer care is likely your mobile phone companies customer care.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:22 pm
US Mom of UK Son

MorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
If you're using a mobile phone you may have premium number calling blocked. The customer care is likely your mobile phone companies customer care.
Of course! You are so clever. Thank you.

Silly me.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:07 pm
US Mom of UK Son

Well, you learn something new every day.

I am reading that all cell phone carriers in the US block 900 numbers.

I don't have a landline. (Never used it.)

May have to use a friends phone to make the call and pay her for the charges.

I wonder if Skype or YaHoo Voice will work to call the Passport Helpline. Does anyone know?

Thank you,
Mary