Reload this Page >

UK nurse wanting to move to FL!

UK nurse wanting to move to FL!

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

nurseinbrum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK nurse wanting to move to FL!

Hi everyone,
I've been in a nurse in the UK for 7 yrs and myself and hubby have been to FL for yrs and have always wanted to move. I was wondering whether there's any UK nurses who've made the move to the US? We have 2 young children (4 and 2) and want to do this move before they get older.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK nurse wanting to move to FL!

Originally Posted by nurseinbrum View Post
I was wondering whether there's any UK nurses who've made the move to the US?
Check out www.allnurses.com - and do a search on retrogression. There are jobs, to be sure... but there are no visas available. The outlook for visa availability in the future looks pretty bleak.

Ian
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

nurseinbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Just done a search and you're right. Thanks for your help
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's quite a bit of info on this forum, also the nursing side to this site too.

But it's not something that'll happen any time soon though.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:25 am
Just Joined

blondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really niceblondiern is just really nice

Hi everyone,
I've been in a nurse in the UK for 7 yrs and myself and hubby have been to FL for yrs and have always wanted to move. I was wondering whether there's any UK nurses who've made the move to the US? We have 2 young children (4 and 2) and want to do this move before they get older.
Hi...I am a nurse in NJ (albeit am American)...if you are willing, there are some areas who are willing to sponsor nurses from abroad, with a commitment to a number of years, usually 2-3, and if you go there, you can then move on to your area of personal choice after your commitment is up....ann
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that's accurate now - there aren't any visas available even if there are sponsors willing.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blondiern View Post
Hi...I am a nurse in NJ (albeit am American)...if you are willing, there are some areas who are willing to sponsor nurses from abroad...
Lots of places are willing to sponsor... but there are no visas available, so their willingness is irrelevant.

Ian
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Having just moved from NC to Florida for the experience in nursing, (have a lot more experience than 7 yrs).. simple advice DONT !. 4 months later regretted it,.... so back to NC.
Florida OK for a holiday but to work and live very,very different. we were prepared to accept most things about Florida,heat,humidity,financial costs etc etc but the people were insular,unappreciated of value and two faced and that's without being too critical.
Florida is also a state where work is hard to come by unless you also have independant means, i.e capital of substance .. so be careful.
We are bitter in one way, as you may guess from the comments,but it was an experience which is what life is about, but just remember Florida is not all 'wine and roses' etc.
Now have a think about other States where you will be better thought of and you will be appreciated for what you can provide to people
Seems a downer, but good luck in your quest, simply forget Florida !
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte View Post
Having just moved from NC to Florida for the experience in nursing, (have a lot more experience than 7 yrs).. simple advice DONT !. 4 months later regretted it,.... so back to NC.
Florida OK for a holiday but to work and live very,very different. we were prepared to accept most things about Florida,heat,humidity,financial costs etc etc but the people were insular,unappreciated of value and two faced and that's without being too critical.
Florida is also a state where work is hard to come by unless you also have independant means, i.e capital of substance .. so be careful.
We are bitter in one way, as you may guess from the comments,but it was an experience which is what life is about, but just remember Florida is not all 'wine and roses' etc.
Now have a think about other States where you will be better thought of and you will be appreciated for what you can provide to people
Seems a downer, but good luck in your quest, simply forget Florida !
but I have another nurse friend in Florida ..who loves it ...
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
but I have another nurse friend in Florida ..who loves it ...
Each to their own, shame really, but it was said as a purely personal opinion.
But there again the people on the west coast are more hospitable, especially north of Tampa !