Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk nurse - usa

Uk nurse - usa

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk nurse - usa

Originally Posted by bbe071
Ahhhh ok thank you!! I wasn't sure you meant her or her brother who is only 12.
Well fingers crossed that will be sorted ASAP. Again thank you for the advice
For immigration purposes, a “child” is defined as being unmarried and under 21, whereas a “son” or “daughter” is defined as being married and/or 21 or over.

Not only do you have to learn American English you have to learn Immigration English - it's a bitch
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

bbe071 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Casual Observer
For immigration purposes, a “child” is defined as being unmarried and under 21, whereas a “son” or “daughter” is defined as being married and/or 21 or over.

Not only do you have to learn American English you have to learn Immigration English - it's a bitch
Hahahahah it certainly looks that way
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Is it worth actually phoning/speaking to someone in the texas state about what they will require??? Xx
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi have you been to the Txbon website and had a look at this http://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/examination.html

This is all the stuff which you would need to do in order to get registered with the board. Fingerprints and all If I was you I would first go to the CGFNS and let them evaluate your education and then go from there. In the mean time start reading this
Attached Thumbnails Uk nurse - usa-2014-02-02-20.18.40.jpg  
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lanyu
Hi have you been to the Txbon website and had a look at this http://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/examination.html

This is all the stuff which you would need to do in order to get registered with the board. Fingerprints and all If I was you I would first go to the CGFNS and let them evaluate your education and then go from there. In the mean time start reading this
Thank you so much for this. Yes I will do
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

. In the mean time start reading this
You will need to do more than just read the NCLEX review. The NCLEX pass rate for foreign educated nurses for the first 6 months of 2013 was 32.46%
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
You will need to do more than just read the NCLEX review. The NCLEX pass rate for foreign educated nurses for the first 6 months of 2013 was 32.46%
I can understand what you are saying. Luckily I am not expecting to get it sorted before we move but would be nice to see what is needed
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

My wife did hers in 2008 was in there 1.30hrs before the system shut down on her first time she used that book along with DVD course and a finished with Kaplan readiness test.

Prepare for the worst but expect the best. I would allocate about £500 for everything you should walk away with change This is for the whole process at the end of it you should be licenced.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

My wife did hers in 2008 was in there 1.30hrs before the system shut down on her first time she used that book along with DVD course and a finished with Kaplan readiness test.

Prepare for the worst but expect the best. I would allocate about £500 for everything you should walk away with change This is for the whole process at the end of it you should be licenced.
Did she do this test etc whilst you were over there??? And thank you for this information
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Did she do this test etc whilst you were over there??? And thank you for this information
No It was all done in the UK and we are still in the Uk now as our priority date for EB3 has only become current June 2013. It took her about a year to do it all though but she wasn't newly qualified 3 years of experience it wasn't easy as it was around the time when daughter was born (trying to study with a newborn)

If I were you it would be easier to start it now whilst you are her as they will request info from the NMC etc and it easier to get it done.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

If I were you it would be easier to start it now whilst you are her as they will request info from the NMC etc and it easier to get it done.
Ok really. Any advice on how I start would be really helpful as we are just about to start dcf form xx
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok really. Any advice on how I start would be really helpful as we are just about to start dcf form xx
Starting would be applying to CGFNS for CES report as well as complete this form and send to the Texas state BON, suggest looking at page 13 which gives a list on what docs are required for International trained nurse https://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/pdfs/rnexam.pdf
http://www.cgfns.org/services/ces-professional-report/
http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/

Process can take approx 4 months depending on how timely you arrange for documents from your nursing school to be sent to CGFNS and then the BON will make a decision on whether to give you eligibility to sit NCLEX. If sat outside the US then you have to pay an extra $150 to pearsonvue who administer the exam so looking at approx costs of

Texas BON $125
CGFNS $350 plus $250 if you want to expediate the report
Pearsonvue $200 plus $150 for sitting exam outside the US. Do not apply to pearsonvue until you have been given the OK to sit the exam

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Feb 3rd 2014 at 3:00 pm. Reason: add
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

As Silverdragon102 says is good.

I believe the NMC will do 3 licence verifications for same fee if done at the same time so get forms for TXBON & CGFNS done at same time.

Other than that its the even harder part of studying for the NCLEX which can be tough especially the Pharmacology.

Whats DCF?

I have noticed that it says this on the guidance

E) All international applicants must provide proof of working in nursing for a period totaling two (2) years (i.e. 24 months) at anytime after graduation from a nursing program.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats DCF?
Husband is American so this is the route they will be taking to get immigrant visa for the US
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Whats DCF?
Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Husband is American so this is the route they will be taking to get immigrant visa for the US
Direct Consular Filing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.