Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk nurse - usa

Uk nurse - usa

Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk nurse - usa

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Or a court order approving the immigration.
You are indeed correct, a full custody order is not the same thing which is why I did not mention it. Confusion reigns all on its own without any help from me.

It is generally easier and must less costly than court proceedings which can and often are contested without any guarantee as the desired outcome.

Originally Posted by bbe071
Just like to clarify just because he is on the birth certificate does not give them parental responsibility. I have divorce papers stating the biological father has no parental responsibility,,,,,
Which matters to you but not to the USA immigration service. You need permission or a court order approving the immigration.

I do not know if you consider yourself "Brutish" but there appears to a website that may have some useful information for you ( or not I know nothing about nursing) http://www.brutish-nursing.com/wk_us.html

Last edited by Casual Observer; Jan 20th 2014 at 6:41 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

bbe071 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Casual Observer
You are indeed correct, a full custody order is not the same thing which is why I did not mention it. Confusion reigns all on its own without any help from me.

It is generally easier and must less costly than court proceedings which can and often are contested without any guarantee as the desired outcome.

Which matters to you but not to the USA immigration service. You need permission or a court order approving the immigration.
Ok I think I will speak to the family solicitor about this. Because there are important reasons he should not be contacted so maybe through the courts will be the way to go! Thank you x
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I think I will speak to the family solicitor about this. Because there are important reasons he should not be contacted so maybe through the courts will be the way to go! Thank you x
Talking to your solicitor to get the court order done is probably the best way to do it. Do not try to emigrate without it, though it sounds like you have plenty of precedent going your way already for a court to rule in your favor.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Talking to your solicitor to get the court order done is probably the best way to do it. Do not try to emigrate without it, though it sounds like you have plenty of precedent going your way already for a court to rule in your favor.
Thank you this is def the way we will go as we have written letters and affidavits regarding other things. Appreciate all advice I am given thank you all
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

I do not know if you consider yourself "Brutish" but there appears to a website that may have some useful information for you ( or not I know nothing about nursing)

Thank you for this link. This is where I found info out regarding exams
Old Jan 20th 2014, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know if you consider yourself "Brutish" but there appears to a website that may have some useful information for you ( or not I know nothing about nursing)

Thank you for this link. This is where I found info out regarding exams
You do not need to sit the CGFNS exam, these days only approx 4 states require this and Texas is not one of them. Suggest you check out the world section, especially Nurse Registration as well as the NCLEX forum in the student section of allnurses.com where a lot has already been written on registration as well as studying for the exam
Old Jan 21st 2014, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
You do not need to sit the CGFNS exam, these days only approx 4 states require this and Texas is not one of them. Suggest you check out the world section, especially Nurse Registration as well as the NCLEX forum in the student section of allnurses.com where a lot has already been written on registration as well as studying for the exam
Thank you for this. I was aware that I had to take the States exam which I presume is NCLEX computerised I think (might be wrong). Will have a look at that forum. Thank you again all advice greatly appreciated
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for this. I was aware that I had to take the States exam which I presume is NCLEX computerised I think (might be wrong). Will have a look at that forum. Thank you again all advice greatly appreciated
Correct NCLEX is computerized
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Correct NCLEX is computerized
Thank you I just need to find out what it involves and if they will accept me being only qualified for one year although I hear my batchelor of science degree may help if my transcripts shows what they want .
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you I just need to find out what it involves and if they will accept me being only qualified for one year although I hear my batchelor of science degree may help if my transcripts shows what they want .
Being qualified for one year shouldn't make a difference. Whether you can take the NCLEX will depend entirely what your uni transcripts show.

I teach in a pre-licensure RN program. Our OB/peds course is combined, and is 9 credit hours. This amounts to 144 hrs didactic, and 144 clinical education. Our Psych nursing course is 4 credit hours and consists of 72 hours instruction and an additional 72 hours clinical. Each state will have their own requirements, but I think these hours are pretty typical.

Your Bachelors degree will help once you have passed the NCLEX. Many hospitals have, or are pursuing ANCC Magnet status, and will only hire Bachelors prepared nurses.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
Being qualified for one year shouldn't make a difference. Whether you can take the NCLEX will depend entirely what your uni transcripts show.

I teach in a pre-licensure RN program. Our OB/peds course is combined, and is 9 credit hours. This amounts to 144 hrs didactic, and 144 clinical education. Our Psych nursing course is 4 credit hours and consists of 72 hours instruction and an additional 72 hours clinical. Each state will have their own requirements, but I think these hours are pretty typical.

Your Bachelors degree will help once you have passed the NCLEX. Many hospitals have, or are pursuing ANCC Magnet status, and will only hire Bachelors prepared nurses.
I have heard because nursing training has changed quite a bit and we are now a little more inter professional and collaborative trained this can help. My concern is that during my training I only had sample placements in mental health, midwifery, health visitors and peads on one week placements as I am an adult nurse!! Although I worked with these during modules at university. Thank you for your advice
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard because nursing training has changed quite a bit and we are now a little more inter professional and collaborative trained this can help. My concern is that during my training I only had sample placements in mental health, midwifery, health visitors and peads on one week placements as I am an adult nurse!! Although I worked with these during modules at university. Thank you for your advice
I think you have a valid concern. You won't know for sure though until you get your transcripts evaluated. At least then you will know where you stand, and what you will need to do. Good luck!
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
I think you have a valid concern. You won't know for sure though until you get your transcripts evaluated. At least then you will know where you stand, and what you will need to do. Good luck!
How do I get them evaluated??
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

How do I get them evaluated??
Check out this link to the TX BON. Scroll down to International Candidates. This will tell you how to proceed and gives you the TX BON approved vendors for transcript evaluation. It does look like you will need 2 yrs post grad experience (or take an additional course).

http://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/examination.html
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The daughter will be over 18 by the time they could move so none of this matters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.