Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK nurse registering in california

UK nurse registering in california

Old Jan 27th 2021, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

LAbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK nurse registering in california

Anyone have any experience with California Nursing Board and getting registered?
My wife, 30 year NHS, trying to register now and finding them extremely unhelpful to the point of obstructive.
Main issue is transcripts required which didnt exist when she trained.
thanks in advance.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK nurse registering in california

No direct experience but I have heard that they are one of the hardest boards to work with.

Is your wife registered in another state?

I assume you contacted the University she completed her training at and asked them what they have? Normally board won't except transcripts directly from you anyway.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

LAbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Not registered in any other state, straight to Cali. Unable to evenn pose the question to CNB regarding NHS transcripts as not starting until after she qualified.

Originally Posted by Lanyu View Post
No direct experience but I have heard that they are one of the hardest boards to work with.

Is your wife registered in another state?

I assume you contacted the University she completed her training at and asked them what they have? Normally board won't except transcripts directly from you anyway.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 27th 2021 at 10:24 pm. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Jan 27th 2021, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

California is one of the hardest states to register in especially if trained from outside the US. Hopefully your wife has a US SSN as they won’t accept application without. The NMC used to be able to provide something that stated what the curriculum requirements used to be but I am not sure if they do anything like that now
Old Jan 28th 2021, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAbrit View Post
Anyone have any experience with California Nursing Board and getting registered?
My wife, 30 year NHS, trying to register now and finding them extremely unhelpful to the point of obstructive.
Main issue is transcripts required which didnt exist when she trained.
thanks in advance.
Try and find someone who's willing to piece together a transcript for you. When I had to do this with my degree I found a lecturer who was willing to do some legwork for me and get the university to approve it. Without that, I think I may have been stuck. Really, it's not an unreasonable requirement so the onus is on you to see what's doable.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAbrit View Post
Not registered in any other state, straight to Cali. Unable to evenn pose the question to CNB regarding NHS transcripts as not starting until after she qualified.
So what is her official qualifications and does she have a degree or diploma?