British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   UK Nurse moving to Florida US (CFGNS) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/uk-nurse-moving-florida-us-cfgns-905147/)

rachief2016 Oct 27th 2017 9:41 am

UK Nurse moving to Florida US (CFGNS)

Hey all,

So I currently hold a Bachelors of Nursing in Nursing (Adult) from the United Kingdom, I am moving to the USA using the k1 visa end of November. Anyway I have applied via CFGNS to check my credentials so I can apply to take the NCLEX, it has been a couple of months and I am yet to of heard anything from them. Everytime I call they say there lines are currently busy etc, I've sent multiple emails and have received nothing back.

I was wondering if anyone else has used CFGNS to evaluate there credentials and how it went?

I am starting to worry and think i won't be able to nurse over there.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Rete Oct 27th 2017 1:59 pm

Re: UK Nurse moving to Florida US (CFGNS)

You might want to also post this in the US nursing forum located here:

Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats

Lanyu Oct 27th 2017 5:51 pm

When you say you haven't heard anything, you mean you have applied for CES and submitted everything from your side have the UNi sent your transcripts to CGFNS?

Pollyana Oct 27th 2017 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12369578)
You might want to also post this in the US nursing forum located here:

Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats

Its actually a worldwide forum so make sure you're reading the appropriate threads and don't end up in New Zealand or somewhere

Silverdragon102 Oct 27th 2017 9:01 pm

Average processing times for CGFNS is 4 months. Hopefully your transcripts show clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult.

Betty73 Nov 2nd 2017 2:47 pm

CGFNS are a horrendous outfit. Despite having a license in TX and CA, NY state required I use CGFNS to have my credentials evaluated, it took several months and they were incredibly unhelpful throughout. They said my uni in the UK had not returned anything, when I contacted my uni they said they had received no requests. When I contacted CGFNS they said they had sent the requests but would not give me the name/address of who they had sent them to so I couldn't confirm they were going to the correct place. I offered to give the name of who to send them to at the uni and they said they could not do that, to ensure it wasn't me just giving the name of someone who was going to give forged details. it was very frustrating and I did get the approval just before the time limit ran out where I would have had to pay and start the process over again. I remember at the time reading some forums where people went through the same process and had to pay to re-do it all as the time limit ran out.

I’m sorry its not a very helpful answer but its just to prepare you for the increasing frustration you will likely experience in dealing with CGFNS. Also the Nursing Boards in some states can take forever to process applications and can be similarly unhelpful in trying to get information from them - not answering phones and not replying to emails. California took ages as they had lost my paperwork, I had to resubmit it all, but then they found my original paperwork as they were waiting for my re-submitted papers.

Contact your university to check they have actually received the transcript requests and if they have sent the transcripts to CGFNS. Then it is just a case of trying to keep contacting CGFNS, hope you will get a reply and play a waiting game.

Rockgurl Nov 14th 2017 1:54 pm

I don't remember all the details because it was a long time ago, but I moved to the US as a nurse back in 2003 and the whole affair took me two years. I applied in 2001 and finally got there in December of 2003.

ICUnursey Jan 11th 2018 4:38 am

CGFNS takes forever. Keep following up with CGFNS,your nursing school in the UK and with your BON. It is a long frustrating exercise but don't give up.There is an end to this saga.