Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK military records

UK military records

Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK military records

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody had recently sent off for a copy of their UK military records. I filled out the SAR form for mine a few months back and got a letter back saying I should receive them within 40 days.

It's well past 40 days now so I thought I'd give them a friendly reminder. I've had a lot of experience with the MoD over the last few years and I know how things have a way of going missing if somebody isn't bugging you about it

Thing is, I've misplaced the letter they sent me. I did jot down the email address and reference number they provided but, brilliantly, I can't decipher my own handwriting. The email address I'm after looks something like:

[email protected]

Can anybody confirm if that address is right, or correct it if not?

Thanks,
James
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Egon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK military records

Not sure if this is right, but I threw that address into google and this page came up with a remarkably similar email

http://www.army.mod.uk/welfare-support/23212.aspx
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

That's weird. I tried Google and got precisely 0 pages. Cheers Egon.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by Egon
Not sure if this is right, but I threw that address into google and this page came up with a remarkably similar email

http://www.army.mod.uk/welfare-support/23212.aspx
Great was just looking for this for my brother in law thanks.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

I applied for mine last year for the immigration visa and got them returned in much less than 40 days. But, sorry, didn't retain any contact records.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers mate. I'm going to try the one Egon found tonight. It's definitely not the one I was given but it looks like it goes to the same place. I reckon that's the general one while the one I had goes direct to the person dealing with my request.

They did say in the letter they had an unusually high number of requests at the moment which might explain the delay. I'm not applying for the visa for a couple of months yet so not in a massive rush but civil servants do sometimes need a gentle nudge to sort out their paperwork...
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Always best to get the paperwork done early. That will also include the Police reports from whichever countries that you have lived in. The UK and Australian police were OK but I just didn't think of getting one for the years that I spent in Germany. So we were delayed by that and meant I had to call the department in Germany a few times using my almost forgotten German for the first time in 34 years. That took a while. Good luck
Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Keith. Yeah, I figured it was best to get everything together ASAP since these things are prone to delays. I've never lived overseas which should simplify things and I got the UK Police certificate last month - took less than a week which was a nice surprise. Glad yours all worked out for you in the end.

James
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to follow up, should anybody be disorganised enough to find themselves in the same position as me. I sent an email here:

[email protected]

and got a reply within a couple of hours saying that they had pulled my request forward and ordered my file. Not sure if that's because it was already late or because I said I needed it for a visa application.