Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:50 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Holliver
Doesn't work so well if you try to add vinegar to make your own salt and vinegar crisps Soggy and horrid.
Have to say SWMBO and myself quite like this form of 'cooking'!
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't work so well if you try to add vinegar to make your own salt and vinegar crisps Soggy and horrid.
The sun is out today, I might try to make some sun-dried vinegar for my crisps.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If you slice the spuds up fine, chuck in a zip lock bag with a good shake of vinegar and salt mixed in and leave it to soak for a few mins, they bake up in a tray nicely
Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
If you slice the spuds up fine, chuck in a zip lock bag with a good shake of vinegar and salt mixed in and leave it to soak for a few mins, they bake up in a tray nicely
I was just talking about adding vinegar to crisps. Bleugh. But that does sounds like a good idea with the spuds. Cheers
Old Feb 16th 2013, 12:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I was just talking about adding vinegar to crisps. Bleugh. But that does sounds like a good idea with the spuds. Cheers
Wegmans do a really nice and tangy salt and vinegar own brand crisp, if you're buying

Fun to make though, but without a mandolin, it takes a while to slice enough spuds up...
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how an orange would help proceedings
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
Not sure how an orange would help proceedings
Old Feb 17th 2013, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Wegmans had some proper, from India, Popadums for $1.50 which isn't bad, as the Sharwoods were $3.50 for half the number.

Anyway, treated myself for my birthday later in the week...big spender I know

We'll see how they turn out, the instruction/nutritional info was on a sticker that had come off and the office address for the company said "above the railstation"...so errrr
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:14 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

http://spicebarn.com/vinegar_powder.htm for you salt and vinegar addicts
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Speedwell
http://spicebarn.com/vinegar_powder.htm for you salt and vinegar addicts
oooh....proper way of doing it

Might have to keep an eye out to see if we can find a small bag locally to try
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

5 pack Cadburys Cream Eggs are $2.50 in Walmart, but they've only got the regular and the caramel ones, no orange ones
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:09 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
5 pack Cadburys Cream Eggs are $2.50 in Walmart, but they've only got the regular and the caramel ones, no orange ones
Hersheys crap or real ones?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

English Tea Leaves..... Parker, Colorado;

http://www.englishtealeaves.com

Jim.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

MattySD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by N1cky
Hersheys crap or real ones?
I would like to know where they come from too - I was hoping that Hershey's contract with Cadbury/Mondelez would end later this year, but I still haven't heard anything - see the following thread for details:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770678

The last year I saw the orange ones was 2011 - last year they brought in the chocolate fondant ones which I understand are a bit like the old Border Creme Eggs.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:42 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattySD
I would like to know where they come from too - I was hoping that Hershey's contract with Cadbury/Mondelez would end later this year, but I still haven't heard anything - see the following thread for details:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770678

The last year I saw the orange ones was 2011 - last year they brought in the chocolate fondant ones which I understand are a bit like the old Border Creme Eggs.
My daughter keeps making me laugh. Every store we go in, she sees them, grabs one, reads frantically, and then throws it down in disgust and stomps off There are some in a parcel winging there way from England though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.