Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Bob
That's good to know...keep meaning to check the local one out, if nothing else for the free kids lunch thing, but just can't be arsed to drive 40 odd mins to it

Talking of cordial though, our local hippy dippy shop had some, but it was well expensive for the regular sized bottle, but worked out quite cheap if you got the bulk bottle, something like a 1.5l bottle? Can't remember, but worked out at half the price per volume I think...but it's such a weird little place to get in and out of that we've only checked the place out the once.
We finally made it to Myers of Keswick in NYC and took home some pork pies and a meat and potato pasty for the kids - they were all devoured in minutes! I think this will be a regular stop in the City from now on

I often take the kids to IKEA for the 99c breakfast and to watch the planes at Newark airport, I'll have to check out the food shop next time.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

MattySD is an unknown quantity at this point

All this month Fresh and Easy are selling Nestle British candy for $1.19 instead of the usual $1.49. This includes Fruit Pastilles, Fruit Gums, Aero, Yorkie and Toffee Crisp. This does not apply to Cadbury - Flake and Crunchie are still $1.49.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 10:48 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattySD
All this month Fresh and Easy are selling Nestle British candy for $1.19 instead of the usual $1.49. This includes Fruit Pastilles, Fruit Gums, Aero, Yorkie and Toffee Crisp. This does not apply to Cadbury - Flake and Crunchie are still $1.49.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

The liquor store on the corner sells Malteasers and Galaxy.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 1:48 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalopianFunk
The liquor store on the corner sells Malteasers and Galaxy.
What Liquor store where
Old Oct 9th 2012, 4:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just tried some "Unexpected" Cheddar Cheese, from Trader Joe's....and it's really very good, especially as it's $3.50 a block.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 6:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ocean State Job Lots

They had Hobnobs for $2, Jacobs Cream Crackers for $1 and 160 count boxes of Typhoo tea for $4.

Also had After Eights for cheap too.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

Randomly saw some cadburys fingers on the edge of one of the aisles at Walmart earlier. The health kick I'm on right now meant I didn't buy them
Old Oct 14th 2012, 12:59 pm

I can honestly say after eating myself sick with Cadburys back in the UK for 4 months, I no longer want chocolate in the US, I was in Safeway yesterday and saw Cabdurys knowing full well it would be Hersheys Hurl Up!! but lived in hope, yep it was and VILE beyond words I may never eat chocolate again!!

Edit why are there big gaps on this post!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:46 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I can honestly say after eating myself sick with Cadburys back in the UK for 4 months, I no longer want chocolate in the US, I was in Safeway yesterday and saw Cabdurys knowing full well it would be Hersheys Hurl Up!! but lived in hope, yep it was and VILE beyond words I may never eat chocolate again!!

To fit your projectile vomit in
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:53 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Alas have never been able to eat myself sick of Cabburys once eat the kilo of dairy milk before boarding the plane.

I was shocked the other day the Cadburys fingers in wal-mart are the UK ones.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by fsm
Alas have never been able to eat myself sick of Cabburys once eat the kilo of dairy milk before boarding the plane.

I was shocked the other day the Cadburys fingers in wal-mart are the UK ones.
They are!!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 3:01 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

They are!!
I had to buy some as I did not believe it myself, also the chocolate digestives are the mcvities, and the HP is the actual.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:27 am
Just Joined

milk thistle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fsm
I had to buy some as I did not believe it myself, also the chocolate digestives are the mcvities, and the HP is the actual.
here in Michigan you can get some british food in Hiller's market and Meijers.you can even get haggis made in canada.
All can be abit expensive but my wee daughter cannot live without Heinz bake beans.
going to Toranto next week and going to stock up some home food ! can't wait.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 11:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Wegmans had a bunch of Brit choc, like Aero's for $1.29 which is even less than at Hannaford's, which is usually pretty good for price.

Jacob's Crackers on the other hand were $2, which is a buck more than at Ocean State.

Did notice a couple of sections further down the ethnic aisle, a foreign knock off to the Wagon Wheel though, not tried it, but it looked good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.