Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

For those in Maine.

Kniffin's Specialty Meats, out in Skowhegan, well they've opened a new store fairly recently in Waterboro, called Kniffin's 2...that's between Acton and Saco, not that far from Portland for those in southern Maine.

One of the best places to get sausages and bacon in Maine...they will also do custom cuts, smokes or whatever you want and for any hunters, they'll butcher and process your meats for you too.

They also have really good lamb, but it's hit of miss if they'll have any in stock for lamb, but it's all locally sourced meats.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

debsy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

poppygirl, my hubby works for mollie stone and they aint got none of my list in there although they got some good old british choccy he brings home when my choccy dish is empy lol
Old Apr 9th 2012, 5:17 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

They opened up a British candy store near me called the London Candy Company. Such a ripoff! $6.00 for a small bag of Maltesers. $2.50 for a Cadbury egg, $7.50 for Penguin Biscuits and $3.00 for a tiny pack of Galaxy Minstrels! It was my husbands birthday so I bought them. Unbelievable!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

50% off sale most places for easter sweets, so Cadbury's Eggs are $1.50 for a 4 pack at our local Hannafords.

No orange flavoured ones though, but will check to see if anything is left in a couple days if they get cheaper.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:01 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
50% off sale most places for easter sweets, so Cadbury's Eggs are $1.50 for a 4 pack at our local Hannafords.

No orange flavoured ones though, but will check to see if anything is left in a couple days if they get cheaper.
I asked if they were going to have a discount on Easter products and they said no. $12.50 for the large eggs .
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by penguinbar
They opened up a British candy store near me called the London Candy Company. Such a ripoff! $6.00 for a small bag of Maltesers. $2.50 for a Cadbury egg, $7.50 for Penguin Biscuits and $3.00 for a tiny pack of Galaxy Minstrels! It was my husbands birthday so I bought them. Unbelievable!
That is daylight robbery! I pay $1.30 for my bag of Maltesers every Friday night from the local supermarket. Although it looks like the store is on the Upper West Side so it's not surprising prices are so high, you'll have to pop down to Greenwich Village to the Tea and Sympathy store, the prices aren't as high in there and they sometimes have pear drops in stock! You can always pop into the chippy for your tea at the same time
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Peachbythebeach is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found Sharwood's sauces on www.walmart.com for $28.74 for six jars.

If you order 2 six-packs, shipping is free. Then it comes out to $4.79/jar. Bargain!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I asked if they were going to have a discount on Easter products and they said no. $12.50 for the large eggs .
That is crazy!

Those in Maine, the Brit store in Freeport normally has massive sales after every holiday event, so usually becomes really cheap.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Peachbythebeach
I just found Sharwood's sauces on www.walmart.com for $28.74 for six jars.

If you order 2 six-packs, shipping is free. Then it comes out to $4.79/jar. Bargain!
Should check out Hannafords, they often have it at reasonable money...Wegmans too, sometimes have random ones on sale, we picked a couple up for $2 the other day.

Target own brand sauces aren't to shabby either
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Peachbythebeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Should check out Hannafords, they often have it at reasonable money...Wegmans too, sometimes have random ones on sale, we picked a couple up for $2 the other day.
That is incredible - I would clean out the store at that price.

Unfortunately I can't even find Sharwood's where we are in NY anymore - and when I was able to, they were always at least $7.00/jar.

Patak's just isn't cutting it for us anymore. Might have to try Target's in a pinch, thanks for the tip!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Some Bed, Bath, Beyond stores have a world food market inside them, our local one has just set one up. They carry a lot of curry sauces and plenty of other international goodies. I've been able to get Tiger Tiger ones in our local supermarket and Fresh Direct sell Maya Kaimel ones which are really good, they are fresh ones as opposed to jars. We had the Tikka Masala and were impressed. We've had some other good ones but I can't remember the name of them
Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Peachbythebeach

Patak's just isn't cutting it for us anymore. Might have to try Target's in a pinch, thanks for the tip!
If you have a Trader Joes, their sauces are really good for a couple of bucks, but they don't seem to have much of a range compared to Target or Hannaford own brand curries
Old Apr 10th 2012, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by denzil75
That is daylight robbery! I pay $1.30 for my bag of Maltesers every Friday night from the local supermarket. Although it looks like the store is on the Upper West Side so it's not surprising prices are so high, you'll have to pop down to Greenwich Village to the Tea and Sympathy store, the prices aren't as high in there and they sometimes have pear drops in stock! You can always pop into the chippy for your tea at the same time
It's the Upper East Side. It's really a ripoff.! Morton Williams has some Candy as well as Economy candy. I figured since it was in my neighborhood I would check it out. The staff weren't very friendly either. I've been by Tea and Sympothy but never in it. The Butchers Block which is just a short train ride away in Queens has much better prices. I posted a comment on Facebook and my UK friends have informed me packages will be on the way!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Paid a visit to the "Ethnic Foods" section of the Publix at the junction of Hwy 192 and Hwy 429, in Kissimmee, FL, this afternoon and picked up the following;

Jammie Dodgers
Jacobs Cream Crackers
Jaffa Cakes
Penguins
Galaxy Chocolate Bars
Salad Cream
Blackcurrant Jam
HP Sauce
Bisto Gravy
Yorkshire Pudding Mix
Olde English Marmalade (Hartleys)
PG Tips.

Nice afternoon.

Jim.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:15 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil75
Some Bed, Bath, Beyond stores have a world food market inside them, our local one has just set one up. They carry a lot of curry sauces and plenty of other international goodies.
I can't get my head around this. Why BB&B would carry food of ANY kind puzzles me no end. . . . But I shall venture inside one & see if I can find some goodies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.