Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:54 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes I passed by the Elk Grove one last week it makes me laugh they are all next to a Raleys/Bel Air store or moved into one of their old locations....I hear Stockton is early next year for F & E
Once they get to Stockton I'll go in and shop, that only about an hour drive.
So have you been to Super Walmart in Stockton lately? cause someone keeps clearing our all the McVities chocolate biscuits, I only got the one lonely packet on the shelf and Dh and I had eaten half before we got down the street to Costco.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 1:11 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Once they get to Stockton I'll go in and shop, that only about an hour drive.
So have you been to Super Walmart in Stockton lately? cause someone keeps clearing our all the McVities chocolate biscuits, I only got the one lonely packet on the shelf and Dh and I had eaten half before we got down the street to Costco.
No lol but sounds like the kinda thing I would do!
I have not been to Modesto or Stockon area for 6 months , its too far out in the boonies for me now that I have moved to Grass Valley.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 3:06 am
Just Joined

cmc87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
We don't have those stores here.

cmc87: Have you tried the British Isles store in Rice Village?
Is rice village near rice university? I have a friend over from Scotland who is starting her PhD there soon (full scholarship!) and she will be there to do some paperwork tomorrow. I'm going to meet her for breakfast so it would be fun to combine the two.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 3:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmc87
Is rice village near rice university? I have a friend over from Scotland who is starting her PhD there soon (full scholarship!) and she will be there to do some paperwork tomorrow. I'm going to meet her for breakfast so it would be fun to combine the two.
http://www.ricevillageonline.com/

Yes it is.

We used to go there a lot when our kids lived in that area when they were going to UH. The Village is a cool place, lots of little stores and lots of places to eat and drink. I hope the British Isles store is still there...
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:18 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Our local Fresh and Easy has tins of golden syrup on sale this week for $2.99! Yum!
Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

If anyone on this Planet, knows where I can get my drink "Supermult" without me importing it from the UK, please, please. please let me know.

Amazon.com, has a lot of British foods.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 2:31 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veryfunny
If anyone on this Planet, knows where I can get my drink "Supermult" without me importing it from the UK, please, please. please let me know.

Never heard of it!!.... and yes lol we know Amazon has a lot of British Foods no brainy matey but we look for the deals and stores that carry products in your local area so you don't have to order on-line from places like Amazon
Old Mar 25th 2012, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

http://www.worldmarket.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12480592&f=PAD%2FCountry+of+O rigin%2FUnited+Kingdom&fbc=1&lmdn=By+Country&fbn=C ountry+of+Origin|United+Kingdom

Based in Mountainview, on Real Camino, California. The front of the store looks like a furniture store but go right to the back there are all sorts of goodies there, British chocolate, jams, honey, sardines, bake beans etc. Funny, how so many people do not know about "supermult" which is quite a unique drink but tastes so nice, I have seen it here as Vitamult but only found it in an L.A import store.

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Never heard of it!!.... and yes lol we know Amazon has a lot of British Foods no brainy matey but we look for the deals and stores that carry products in your local area so you don't have to order on-line from places like Amazon
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

MattySD is an unknown quantity at this point

In 4S Ranch in San Diego we have a Fresh and Easy and a Cost Plus World Market within spitting distance of each other - where World Market can't be beaten for choice, for the small selection of British groceries that Fresh and Easy have, they are cheaper in every instance.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by veryfunny

I presume that you mean Supermalt with an 'a' not a 'u'?

I've not seen it in Utah, but then again, I've never seen it in Somerset or on the Isle of Man, the two places I lived in the UK. Power Malt and VitaMalt both come from the same Danish brewery as SuperMalt, so presumably are the US equivalents. You could always ask the question on the Supermalt Facebook page.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Brit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of pictures of the British food section in the International Aisle of my local Super Kroger (Knoxville, TN). It also has German, Indian, Mediterranean and Caribbean sections, amongst others.
I'm told all Super Krogers should have the same selections.
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-kroger1.jpg   UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-kroger2.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like they still have those mystery brand wine gums instead of Maynards. They used to have lots of weird brands that I'd never heard of, but now they have mostly the wellknownbrand stuff.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

MattySD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anian
Looks like they still have those mystery brand wine gums instead of Maynards. They used to have lots of weird brands that I'd never heard of, but now they have mostly the wellknownbrand stuff.
Yes, these substandard jelly babies and wine gums irritate me when I see them at my local Albertsons - if I want to show people what these sweets are like I need the real deal!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Our local Price Chopper had Branston Pickle jars going for $2.50 each on sale....usually around $7 each.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

raithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the rough

For all of those in the SE Houston area (Webster, Friendswood, Pearland and Clear Lake) there is an Indian grocery store on Old Galveston Rd in Webster that sells loads of good British stuff. Some at reasonable prices - Heinz Bake Beans $1.29, Irn Bru $1.99 there is a good selection and also frozen bacon, black pudding haggis, pies etc.
Address is:
Raj Grocers
15210 Old Galveston Rd (Hwy 3)
Webster
Phone 281-218-7560

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.