Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:57 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by megalaser
You can get almost anything if you know where to look, even UK type Bacon and Cumberland sausages. The things I have never seen in the US are Saveloys, frozen Yorkshire puddings, decent smoked salmon and real UK type bagels.
I think they have smoked salmon in Fresh & Easy. Thought I saw some the other day.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:05 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Mollie Stones stores, all over the Bay Area...taken yesterday!!
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-ms-1.jpg   UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-ms2.jpg   UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-ms-3.jpg   UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-ms4.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by megalaser
The things I have never seen in the US are frozen Yorkshire puddings, saveloys, etc
Pretty sure I've seen a bag of Aunt Bessie's frozen yorkshire puds in the freezer cabinet at the British Pantry, Aldie, VA. This company in California does online sales though next day air shipping in chill-packs is going to sting you in the wallet - better to make your own I'd suggest.

As for saveloys, this blog post describes Maine red snappers, a type of hot dog sausage in a natural casing - I've not tried any so can't vouch for how close they are to a saveloy. Try ordering them from Bean's and post here telling us what you think.

Last edited by Dewey; Dec 8th 2011 at 3:36 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 10:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

BJ's had a large box of Quality Street chocs, imported ones too, for $13
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Lyonsden1193 found McVitie's milk chocolate flavour digestive wheat biscuits at one of the Wal-Marts here in Memphis - $2.78 + tax, each. They ran out of the chocolate ones a few weeks ago, but had some plain digestives left. Thought it was going to be a one-off, but they re-stocked with the chocolate covered ones and he stocked up! Yay! Now if they would just bring in the bacon and sausages!!!!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Lyonsden1193 found McVitie's milk chocolate flavour digestive wheat biscuits at one of the Wal-Marts here in Memphis - $2.78 + tax, each. They ran out of the chocolate ones a few weeks ago, but had some plain digestives left. Thought it was going to be a one-off, but they re-stocked with the chocolate covered ones and he stocked up! Yay! Now if they would just bring in the bacon and sausages!!!!
What a find!! I think I pay around $6 per pack.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:55 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress

The Walmart I go to in Charlotte has them as well
Old Dec 12th 2011, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband makes the best Yorkshire puddings, I thought mine were pretty good until he stepped in to help with the Sunday roast, now he has to make them every time!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ocean State Job Lots, they have them on a semi regular basis for about $2 a pack...the chocolate ones go quick though, leaving the plain digestives, which are a bit meh.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Smiffys British Market online has some really good stuff too
Old Dec 13th 2011, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smith
Is that anything to do with you by any chance?
Old Dec 13th 2011, 5:14 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

How much and then the mailing on top hell no!!

http://smiffys-uk.com/
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ouch!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Ocean State Job Lots, they have them on a semi regular basis for about $2 a pack...the chocolate ones go quick though, leaving the plain digestives, which are a bit meh.
Yes, the plain ones taste like chopped, pressed & formed cardboard to me.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smith
Sorry, kiddo - your prices are too rich for us! Add S&H and that makes the cost almost exorbitant. This is one reason why the British import shop that was here in Memphis bombed - their prices were just that much too much to most of their patrons, even for an ex-pat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.