Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:25 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by traceym
Oh he's moving up in the world, it was some years ago when we tried!

Ps, that boiling bacon is vile, nothing like the stuff you buy in the UK.
The Steak and Kidney pie tasted OK but it was nothing like the real thing all mush and soggy no actual meat or kidney pieces
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
The Steak and Kidney pie tasted OK but it was nothing like the real thing all mush and soggy no actual meat or kidney pieces
I only buy the sausage for DH and the sausage meat for when I'm making Scotch eggs, the pork pie is good (DH says) but he's been here so long I think he cant really remember whats good and whats not!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 4:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You need to come get one up here from the Aussie pie girl.. DH says it was lovely & perfect.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:57 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
You need to come get one up here from the Aussie pie girl.. DH says it was lovely & perfect.
If that's the same Australian Pie Company that used to have a store by Pike's Place Market in Seattle, they are indeed perfect.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Seattleshane is just really niceSeattleshane is just really niceSeattleshane is just really niceSeattleshane is just really niceSeattleshane is just really niceSeattleshane is just really niceSeattleshane is just really niceSeattleshane is just really nice

Originally Posted by nejicano
O my gosh, they're the same thing? Like, literally the same thing? I always knew they were similar, but I didn't think they were actually the same thing! You've honestly just made my day, RickWG. And my Mum and sister's, for that matter.
Hi, Here in Maple Valley WA I can buy Colemans mustard , Heinz baked beans and HP sauce. There is a butchrs shop around here that sells "proper British bacon" mussy peas and the greatest steak and mushroom pies I have ever tasted, their website is www.properbritishbacon.com
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:03 am
Just Joined

LVSaint is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't gone through the entire thread to see if it's been mentioned, but Whole Foods are selling a big 29oz jar of Robertson's mincemeat for $4.00 which pisses all over World Market's $4.99 for a much smaller jar of the same stuff.

Make your own mincepies! Much tastier and cheaper! Easy too.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:11 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LVSaint
Haven't gone through the entire thread to see if it's been mentioned, but Whole Foods are selling a big 29oz jar of Robertson's mincemeat for $4.00 which pisses all over World Market's $4.99 for a much smaller jar of the same stuff.

Make your own mincepies! Much tastier and cheaper! Easy too.
Well spotted I can't stand mincemeat myself but sure many others will be pleased with the tip off
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:30 am
Just Joined

LVSaint is an unknown quantity at this point

Well spotted I can't stand mincemeat myself but sure many others will be pleased with the tip off
Walmart of all places did have some but they sold out a while back apparently.

Poppy..if you're still on the messageboard right now...I have a quite totally unrelated question that you might be able to give me some advice on. Planning a trip back to England for new year, just me. I've always purchased medical insurance as a precaution but was talking with someone yesterday who swore I did not need the additional coverage as I still have a registered UK address there as a BRitish citizen. I am in two minds, as I have not lived there permanantly for several years, got a feeling my NHS privilages are over. Any advice? Cheers! (and sorry to hijack the thread)
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by LVSaint
Walmart of all places did have some but they sold out a while back apparently.

Poppy..if you're still on the messageboard right now...I have a quite totally unrelated question that you might be able to give me some advice on. Planning a trip back to England for new year, just me. I've always purchased medical insurance as a precaution but was talking with someone yesterday who swore I did not need the additional coverage as I still have a registered UK address there as a BRitish citizen. I am in two minds, as I have not lived there permanantly for several years, got a feeling my NHS privilages are over. Any advice? Cheers! (and sorry to hijack the thread)
I will PM you because a Mod will make a new thread out of this question otherwise!!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:43 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG I don't know how I'd manage without Heinz Baked Beans.
$1.50 a can with Subscribe and Save (includes free shipping).
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:49 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yeah all that chocolate goes straight to the boobs.
You can't actually see the boobies, but I would bet my left testicle that they are pretty chocolatey also:

Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:58 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by BackandForth
I recommend Amazon as long as you ensure you are buying from Amazon and not an affiliate. Beans, HP Sauce PG Tips, get in bulk and sign up for auto delivery and save extra 15%. You are not committed to any amount and can accelerate or cancel shipments if you want. Free shipping over $25 too. Well worth a look for some goods.
British foods on Amazon.com. Definitely agree with checking that it's Amazon.com selling, not third-party.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:04 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by AddyLaddy
Maybe try World Market in Santa Fe, NM. I remember finding a whole bunch of British stuff there 8 years ago. Haven't been to one since, but I think there is also one near us in Seattle.
Your closest one is on Bear Creek Parkway in Redmond.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:08 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by chartreuse
If that's the same Australian Pie Company that used to have a store by Pike's Place Market in Seattle, they are indeed perfect.
+1
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 12:58 am

OMG!! World Market has gone nuts this year its like Santas Grotto and the brit chocolate and gift boxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.