Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

MrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to all
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by taffie77
I've just received the most amazing birthday present from one of my sisters. I've told her off a little bit as it cost her £60 to mail
Just a little bit as I bet you were like a kid in a sweet shop when you opened it!

It has a similar resemblance to my case which is lay on the bed floor in preparation for thanks giving in the US!

Enjoy :-)
Old Nov 13th 2010, 3:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
I just found these in Trader Joes, I don't know what they taste like but they look far to similar not to be close to Terry's $2.99 each, oh and they have chocolate advent calendars too.
They were a couple of bucks last year and all sold out really quickly.

They aren't quite the same, but I thought they were still really nice.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Neko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud of

While visiting my parents this past weekend (Poughkeepsie, NY), I found out that there's a store in the mall near there which is pretty much an "imported chocolate and candy" store. They have a fairly impressive selection of imported British candy. I was in heaven...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:06 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

ok, maybe this has already been mentioned but as I am a lazy girl I can't be bothered to read the whole thread....

Today in my local Safeway they were selling Crosse & Blackwell Plum Puddings, labelled as "Traditional British Faire"

Anyway maybe I will get one to try.. gotta be easier than making my own
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
ok, maybe this has already been mentioned but as I am a lazy girl I can't be bothered to read the whole thread....

Today in my local Safeway they were selling Crosse & Blackwell Plum Puddings, labelled as "Traditional British Faire"

Anyway maybe I will get one to try.. gotta be easier than making my own
If you look hard you'll find Safeway are also selling 2 Terry's chocolate oranges for $7 saw them today amongst that Fererrrrooo Rocheeeee stuff.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:24 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

If you look hard you'll find Safeway are also selling 2 Terry's chocolate oranges for $7 saw them today amongst that Fererrrrooo Rocheeeee stuff.
Well I will certainly be on the look out for them...... Went to World Market today and got my bisto ready for Thanksgiving (wouldn't want to make my own would I ) anyway the guy working there was very enthusiastic about Bisto!!

I managed to avoid buying the $20 tin of Quality Street, although we have nearly finished the tin of Celebrations that I brought back with me from the UK specifically for Christmas - oooppppppsss... yummy though
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:19 am
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Took a dangerous trip to World Market yesterday. Wanted to by half the food department, settled on a pack of McVities. Then I get home and find a lovely surprise in the post from my best friend who ordered me three bottles of Nando's sauce. We always went to Nando's together for lunch, and she knows I'm missing it. I'm so lucky to have amazing friends like that! So I'm feeling a bit more stocked on British fare than a few days ago, haha!

Random, but has anybody seen Cadbury advent calendars? I thought WM might've had them, but no such luck.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say that it is SO unfair for all of you to talk about Cost Plus (I refuse to call it World Market) all the time! They pulled out of Cincinnati about a year ago.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:27 am
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Can I just say that it is SO unfair for all of you to talk about Cost Plus (I refuse to call it World Market) all the time! They pulled out of Cincinnati about a year ago.
Why on earth would they do that to the people of Cincinnati? That's just cruel.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:17 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'd take a Wholefoods over CostPlus. We still have the latter, but our nearest Wholefoods is two states over in Colorado Springs. Really - 360 miles and it's closer than any of their branches in TX.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nejicano

Random, but has anybody seen Cadbury advent calendars? I thought WM might've had them, but no such luck.
If you're in Freeport Maine, there's a Brit shop having them on the cheap...but you can sometimes find those in Home Goods store.

Anyway, found the local grocery store has pickled onions, made by a local company...cheap, but judging by the level of dust on the lids, not quite so popular with the locals
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nejicano

Cost Plus World Market have them.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There's none around here but I can get most of what I want from other stores.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:32 pm
Americano

Cost Plus World Market have them.
I thought they might, so I checked in there. I guess my branch doesn't have them or they sold out. There was loads of Cadbury, but no Cadbury advents. I'll keep checking in with fingers crossed! Thanks for the info, Traceym.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

Oooooh look what ive just found - http://www.4and20pastycompany.com/

I know where i am going tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.