Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:21 pm
IRJ
Forum Regular

IRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really nice
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

the less I eat some Brit chocs and candies the more my taste buds seem to move on.
The chocolate orange (milk version) I find almost intolerably sweet now.
Similar for Thornton's toffee.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:47 pm
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light

I've discovered that Shaw's Supermarkets have a shelf unit of British food in their foreign section. I just bought chocolate digestives and hobnobs, a treacle sponge pudding and proper custard powder as well as a bounty. They had a decent selection of teas and a few other bits and bobs; it seems to vary a bit each time I go in but the chocolate digestives seem to be a permanent fixture
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Local Target has lots of different flavoured Terrys Chocolate Oranges this year. I saw a Mint flavoured one and was soooooo tempted but I resisted for now They also have the large tins of Cadburys Chocolate Biscuits as well
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Local Target has lots of different flavoured Terrys Chocolate Oranges this year. I saw a Mint flavoured one and was soooooo tempted but I resisted for now They also have the large tins of Cadburys Chocolate Biscuits as well
I got a mint one and after eights and a box of cadburys choccie bscuits, I wasnt paying $17.99 for the tin when the $7.99 box was the same size

I'll have to have a mooch in Target, not noticed anything in ours.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
I got a mint one and after eights and a box of cadburys choccie bscuits, I wasnt paying $17.99 for the tin when the $7.99 box was the same size

I'll have to have a mooch in Target, not noticed anything in ours.

So, as a big big favour for me, would you try the mint one now so I know if it is worth getting. Would you mind.....
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

So, as a big big favour for me, would you try the mint one now so I know if it is worth getting. Would you mind.....
Ewwwwwwwwww, you know I dont really like choccie, tell you what I'll let him have it as a treat tonight and report back, he eats them in one sitting greedy pig, I bought a stash of orange ones back for christmas and he's eaten them all, thats why I went to get these! But I cannot let you all suffer not knowing so he can be the guinea pig!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Ewwwwwwwwww, you know I dont really like choccie, tell you what I'll let him have it as a treat tonight and report back, he eats them in one sitting greedy pig, I bought a stash of orange ones back for christmas and he's eaten them all, thats why I went to get these! But I cannot let you all suffer not knowing so he can be the guinea pig!

Tell your man thank-you!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Tell your man thank-you!
After Eight crossed with a Matchstick, he says yes! I tried a bit and I'd say very minty, more After Eight than Matchstick, World Market have After Eight and these I'd say which ever one is cheapest as they taste the same.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:13 am
Account Closed

After Eight crossed with a Matchstick, he says yes! I tried a bit and I'd say very minty, more After Eight than Matchstick, World Market have After Eight and these I'd say which ever one is cheapest as they taste the same.
Thank you I may buy one closer to Christmas (if I get it now I'll be too tempted) I love minty chocolate flavour.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you I may buy one closer to Christmas (if I get it now I'll be too tempted) I love minty chocolate flavour.
Gag...I like After Eights, orange creme chocs and coffee but don't like mint, orange or coffee flavoured chocolate, cake, cookies etc.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I fell asleep on the sofa, got up this morning and he'd eaten the whole orange (thats mint) in one go, how can anyone do that I'd be so sick!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:05 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I fell asleep on the sofa, got up this morning and he'd eaten the whole orange (thats mint) in one go, how can anyone do that I'd be so sick!

Not with the mint but alas been there and done that
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

Sorry, I guess I'm to blame for that....
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, I guess I'm to blame for that....
He'd have done it anyway, oh and DS says the Trader Joes ones are lovely. Maybe he's forgetting Uk tastes, but for $2.99 worth a try?
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

I've just received the most amazing birthday present from one of my sisters. I've told her off a little bit as it cost her £60 to mail
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-img_2218.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.