Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by nejicano
I think you just made my day, geeandtee! Thank you so much for the information! I'd not heard of it, no, but it looks pretty easy to get to. I'm going to drag one of my new American friends along with me to experience the joys of British shopping.

One question though, how are the prices?
Good luck if its anything like our local Brit store, take out a mortgage before you go!
Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:46 pm
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Originally Posted by traceym
Good luck if its anything like our local Brit store, take out a mortgage before you go!
HAHA, lovely! I'll let you know how it goes when I make it over there next.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nejicano
I think you just made my day, geeandtee! Thank you so much for the information! I'd not heard of it, no, but it looks pretty easy to get to. I'm going to drag one of my new American friends along with me to experience the joys of British shopping.

One question though, how are the prices?
I've just looked back through my emails, because I was going to order a big box of goodies before I was laid off. I can't remember everything that was in the order but, to my recollection they're cheaper than World Market. Our order came to $75.66. (excluding postage and packaging). There was loads of stuff in our order and I remember thinking that we'd spent more for less at World Market.

Tell Michael that Sue Laybourn (formally from Arizona) said hello and that she's overdosing on Fray Bentos pies.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:52 pm
IRJ
Forum Regular

IRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really nice

Earlier today I was driving along Ruote 10 going West, just short of Route 287, when I noticed a LARGE Cadbury's building on the Eastbound side. I've not noticed it before so I wonder if this is something new? The front looked like a large admin area and the back maybe a loading/dispatch area.
Maybe as a result of Cadbury being sold it is now being given a mandate to push into the USA far more.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 7:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IRJ
Earlier today I was driving along Ruote 10 going West, just short of Route 287, when I noticed a LARGE Cadbury's building on the Eastbound side. I've not noticed it before so I wonder if this is something new? The front looked like a large admin area and the back maybe a loading/dispatch area.
Maybe as a result of Cadbury being sold it is now being given a mandate to push into the USA far more.
That building was built on Rt 10 a few years ago. It was originally built for Cadbury/Schweppes...I know 'cos I drool everytime I pass.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RuggedRascal
I've not found anything at all in my local supermarkets unfortunately, but there is an 'ethnic foods' aisle in a Kroger that I use that has things like curry powder/sauce, chinese foods etc. Naturally I appreciate that moving to another country I'm not going to find shelves stacked with Walkers crisps and mushy peas, but it doesn't stop me missing them!
I have found a few online stores that specifically sell English food, but they are so expensive. I have found 'substitutes' for most things and I have also discovered lots of new and fantastic food. I won't go hungry - certainly in the US!
Obviously geographical factors come in to this... For instance, if you live in LA then there is a good chance you will find lots of stores selling English food, but if like me you live in Kentucky - No chance!
I'm sure it's like the age old thing of Brits going on holiday, if a family goes to Marbella for 2 weeks, the first thing they look for is an English bar! Having said that, like I said, it doesn't stop me missing Marmite!!
I live in Kentucky and have no problems finding English Food.

World Market has the best selection of English Food.
Do you have a Meijers supermarket near you? They have an english section?
Are you near a Kroger Marketplace? They have an English section too.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fsm
Speaking as somebody who lived in Slough for 4 years, if you think it's better than Houston remind me never to visit Houston.
Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:05 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulinespens
Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!
Another fan of Slough then?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bink
I have an ex from Slough and yeah im a big fan of Slough
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

I just found these in Trader Joes, I don't know what they taste like but they look far to similar not to be close to Terry's $2.99 each, oh and they have chocolate advent calendars too.
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-img_0178.jpg  
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:44 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I just found these in Trader Joes, I don't know what they taste like but they look far to similar not to be close to Terry's $2.99 each, oh and they have chocolate advent calendars too.

They look similiar but don't taste anywhere near as good as terry's
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:45 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bink
Used to work behind the bar of the Rising Sun on Windsor Road years ago.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fsm
They look similiar but don't taste anywhere near as good as terry's
Good job I got the right ones from World Market today too then! (They will be hidden for Christmas and he can eat the crap )
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:16 pm
IRJ
Forum Regular

IRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really nice

Terry's now there's a name.

They used to sell my favorite box of chocolates, mainly dark chocolate. Think it was called 1612 or a close number. Not seen this for years.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:17 pm
fsm
So I am where?

Good job I got the right ones from World Market today too then! (They will be hidden for Christmas and he can eat the crap )
Feel the love.

Actually when I go I usually get some chocolates for the wife and I usually help her eat her share

She also does not like the chocolate orange

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.