Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

$9 was at Fred Meyer, who are owned by Kroger. I'll recheck the price again this weekend, but it was like that for a couple of years at least. My local Trader Joes seem a bit variable.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

dnolan1337 is an unknown quantity at this point

Last night, after reading these forums, I visited all 5 krogers within 60 miles of me. Found:

Weetabix
Mustard
Mint Sauce
Piccallilli

Thats it. Nothing else. Wife was all excited to see Cadburys, till I flipped it over and showed her the hersheys license mark. Then she got all sad.

Now I gotta make an online purchase for pies and bacon because im craving them too much.

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Once Kroger realized the Weetabix is the Brit version of our Shredded Wheat, they decided if they were going to sell it, it had better be at a decent price. Just wish they didn't add so much profit on their other imported wares - even I know it doesn't cost them anywhere near as much to import the digestible biscuits that they're selling for $4.97 would seem to indicate! Heinz Beans - $2.97 a can! Outrageous! OH makes do with Bush's Vegetarian Beans - poor substitute, but........ Found Kerry Gold butter at Costco, his super-extra sharp hurts-your-jaws-at-first-bite cheddar from Sam's Club. (Have to drive all the way to Cincinnati, OH for Trader Joe's.)
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
$9 was at Fred Meyer, who are owned by Kroger. I'll recheck the price again this weekend, but it was like that for a couple of years at least. My local Trader Joes seem a bit variable.
$2.67 at Trader Joes for your Weetabix I was shocked as well its actually cheaper then a 24 pack in the UK.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:44 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dnolan1337
Last night, after reading these forums, I visited all 5 krogers within 60 miles of me. Found:

Weetabix
Mustard
Mint Sauce
Piccallilli

Thats it. Nothing else. Wife was all excited to see Cadburys, till I flipped it over and showed her the hersheys license mark. Then she got all sad.

Now I gotta make an online purchase for pies and bacon because im craving them too much.
Do you not have a World Market near for Cadburys?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

I tried using the store locator on their site two days ago, it returned no results. I wish it worked like the others id used, and just spat out the nearest 3 stores no matter how far they are.

Originally Posted by N1cky
Do you not have a World Market near for Cadburys?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:55 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I tried using the store locator on their site two days ago, it returned no results. I wish it worked like the others id used, and just spat out the nearest 3 stores no matter how far they are.
Lafayette

http://www.worldmarket.com/storeLoca...r:storelocator

Others, if you head out the other way often

http://www.worldmarket.com/storeLoca...r:storelocator
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

What else do they carry? Id make the trip for bacon or steak and kidney pies.

Cadburys I can sometimes get at the indian grocer.

damnit when I was in Houston a couple years back I was less than 2 miles from one and I never knew.

Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:58 pm

Nothing fresh, mainly condiments and chocolate, sweets, Mr Kiplings... I have seen the odd Fray Bentos pie in there I think, but it's easy enough to make a good pie yourself.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:59 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Most Sauces,Biscuits,Crackers,Chocolate,Custards...ther e is quite a bit but seasonal some of it at least you can get your Quality Street and Roses at Christmas time, Puddings etc
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

You had me at Custard

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Most Sauces,Biscuits,Crackers,Chocolate,Custards...ther e is quite a bit but seasonal some of it at least you can get your Quality Street and Roses at Christmas time, Puddings etc
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 11:33 pm

Bisto on sale in Fresh and Easy $1.64 each
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 11:43 pm

Bisto on sale in Fresh and Easy $1.64 each
That's cheapo..........................see ya
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Mattlov is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a huge selection of British foods at Krogers, the one I'm talking about is at the top of Research forest drive in The woodlands TX. its about a quarter of the isle. Loads of custards, cadburys, massive selection of Heinz sauces, beans even spaghetti hoops treacle tarts, lyons golden syrup! It was a big selection, I wish I'd taken a photo of it now for you guys. While over here I never thought I'd miss Salad cream as much as I do. lol

Still makes me giggle that all this food i grew up with in the UK is in the International section lol.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

In my local Kroger Marketplace we have a mediterranean section and in it they have a 6 pack of Vimto.

My local Kroger also sells Naan bread and has a great indian section with everything from Curry too Chutney too Popadums they are ones you coat in oil and put in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough
Default Re: British Stuff I can buy at Kroger!

My local Kroger has cans of Vimto in the Med section.

It sells Naan Bread and has a great Indian Section with Curry and Popadums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.