Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old May 11th 2011, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

pigg10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
amazon.com is worth a nose at
thanks for info
Old May 24th 2011, 11:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Found today on offer $4.99 normally $6.99

World Market.
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-cadbury_freddo_frogs_mp_dairy_milk_9300617342564.jpg  
Old May 25th 2011, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

texasjan is an unknown quantity at this point

i get my sausages and "proper" bacon from justsausage.com
Made right here in Houston by a brit who couldnt get the real stuff. Yum !!
Old May 25th 2011, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

AmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really nice

Originally Posted by texasjan
I think we'll be moving to the Houston area in possibly a month.......or less, depending on my husband's job offer. I do really miss the proper British sausages. The only shop that I have ordered from, but not sausages is Goodwood's. They're in The Woodlands I believe. I'll certainly have to check this out. Thank you!
Old May 25th 2011, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyM73
I think we'll be moving to the Houston area in possibly a month.......or less, depending on my husband's job offer. I do really miss the proper British sausages. The only shop that I have ordered from, but not sausages is Goodwood's. They're in The Woodlands I believe. I'll certainly have to check this out. Thank you!
Met the guy in the lift of our condos and we have become good friends - not just becuase he makes amazing sausages and bacon lol. Make a great fry up after a heavy night!

If you want any info about Houston just let me know.
Old May 25th 2011, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

AmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really niceAmyM73 is just really nice

Met the guy in the lift of our condos and we have become good friends - not just becuase he makes amazing sausages and bacon lol. Make a great fry up after a heavy night!

If you want any info about Houston just let me know.
Thank you Texasjan! I'm not familiar with Houston in general. We will either buy a home in Spring or The Woodlands. I've only been through those places but not all around looking for anything specific. Just as long as I'm close enough to a Super Target! I love Super Target and we don't have one up here in Longview. Wish there was a Tesco.

Where can you buy the sausages and bacon? I pulled up the website and even subscribed to the Just Sausage Facebook page.
Old May 25th 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice

Do they really taste as good as real British bangers ? They look the part in the pictures on their website,but so do many others that sell so called british bangers over here,but when you actually taste them,the taste and texture is completely wrong and nothing at all like the real thing. I'd certainly buy some if l thought they were anything like the real thing. That's one of the things l miss most over here...a decent banger
Old May 25th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flbrit59
Do they really taste as good as real British bangers ? They look the part in the pictures on their website,but so do many others that sell so called british bangers over here,but when you actually taste them,the taste and texture is completely wrong and nothing at all like the real thing. I'd certainly buy some if l thought they were anything like the real thing. That's one of the things l miss most over here...a decent banger
IMHO i think they taste as good as Marks. I know he has spent a lot of time getting the taste and texture right - they are a very 'solid' sausage, which I love!
But all you can do is give them a try !
Old May 26th 2011, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice

IMHO i think they taste as good as Marks. I know he has spent a lot of time getting the taste and texture right - they are a very 'solid' sausage, which I love!
But all you can do is give them a try !

l see they're not set up yet for online ordering,so l'll just have to wait l suppose
Old May 26th 2011, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flbrit59
l see they're not set up yet for online ordering,so l'll just have to wait l suppose
ooh didnt realise next time I see him I will ask if he has any plans to do this and get back to you
Old May 26th 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

Trader Joes sells Crumpets. They also sell cinnamon crumpets which are quite nice on their own, although I'm not as big a fan of the spice as my American wife's uncle & aunt who set the table with a large sugar dispenser filled with cinnamon for sprinkling over their breakfast coffee, pancakes, toast, sausages, everything else, etc.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewey
Trader Joes sells Crumpets. They also sell cinnamon crumpets which are quite nice on their own, although I'm not as big a fan of the spice as my American wife's uncle & aunt who set the table with a large sugar dispenser filled with cinnamon for sprinkling over their breakfast coffee, pancakes, toast, sausages, everything else, etc.
I love cinnamon...but not on savoury foods and certainly not on crumpet. BTW I love putting Cheshire Cheese on my crumpets and grilling them.
Old May 27th 2011, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly "English" per se but I found Marie biscuits at the Asian market today I think they come from Singapore but who cares they are awesome dunked in tea. Also found some sultana biscuits that remind me of garibaldi or 'dead fly' biscuits ... thats me happy for a while again
Old May 27th 2011, 1:55 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
Not exactly "English" per se but I found Marie biscuits at the Asian market today I think they come from Singapore but who cares they are awesome dunked in tea. Also found some sultana biscuits that remind me of garibaldi or 'dead fly' biscuits ... thats me happy for a while again
They sell Marie in Publix too, but better still in the Dollar Tree they do a decent sized box of "Tea Biscuits".. which are almost exactly like Rich Tea... for just a buck. Bargain.
Old May 27th 2011, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

ooh didnt realise next time I see him I will ask if he has any plans to do this and get back to you
Ok great...thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.