Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Manx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to all
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

For anyone living in So Cal - if you're visiting Santa Barbara try Mac's FIsh & Chips - on State STreet - it's great! Cod - fresh cut chips, made from scratch mushy peas, cod and a selection of pies. Nice owners too - a husband and wife team from England.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

nigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to all

Weetabix seems to be available all over the place. Trader Joe's has it. Even my local food supermarket "Synders" has it.

Brought a Ribena at Giant over the weekend and chocolate digestives, though I'd have preferred chocolate hob-nobs.

And of course I had to get another tin of spotted dick and Ambrosia custard while I was there.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:04 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

World Market today Hobnobs $1.99 and the Digestives

And guess who's local TJ's does not carry Weetabix
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-world-market-feb-21st.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

nigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to allnigel_horne is a name known to all

Thanks for the tip. But World Markets only carries HobNobs, not Chocolate HobNobs (as far as I can tell)

:-(
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:25 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nigel_horne
Thanks for the tip. But World Markets only carries HobNobs, not Chocolate HobNobs (as far as I can tell)

They are forever changing their inventory so soak it up and eat the dark choccie digestives.....some people are never happy

Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nigel_horne

You've only been here a few weeks... (and you had your chance to bring whatever over with you when you moved, tsk) .. try some of the local goodies. Half the fun and then some to try new things.. you've got your BBC all set up, cupboard full of Wheetabix (hello, Shredded Wheat people!) and Ribena.. we do have food and beverage here.. experiment a little!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:39 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
World Market today Hobnobs $1.99 and the Digestives

And guess who's local TJ's does not carry Weetabix
Stockton TJ sells Weetabix, cheaper than Winco too.

Last edited by Mummy in the foothills; Feb 22nd 2011 at 2:19 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Owl_79 is an unknown quantity at this point

World Market is great and they've got some good offers on chocolate at the moment but $4 for a pack of Hobnobs and $7 for a bag of Malteasers is a bit steep! Guess I've not been in the US long enough to crave them yet.

I was very impressed that they had Coleman's mint sauce though! Now if only they sold Henderson's relish.............
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Owl_79
World Market is great and they've got some good offers on chocolate at the moment but $4 for a pack of Hobnobs and $7 for a bag of Malteasers is a bit steep! Guess I've not been in the US long enough to crave them yet.

I was very impressed that they had Coleman's mint sauce though! Now if only they sold Henderson's relish.............
But but lol the Hobnobs are only $1.99 at the moment stock up while you can!!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Owl_79 is an unknown quantity at this point

They were definitely $3.99 on Saturday, so if they're on offer then I'll go back this weekend and get some. If only they had the chocolate ones then I'd buy the whole store full
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Owl_79
They were definitely $3.99 on Saturday, so if they're on offer then I'll go back this weekend and get some. If only they had the chocolate ones then I'd buy the whole store full
Me too, and the photo I posted was taken today so they are defo $1.99
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Rougesvp is an unknown quantity at this point

Poppy,

How old do you have to be, to be a "Preferred Senior"?

executive BE member
since 2001

Since watching "An idiot abroad" I've got an urge to scoff Pickled Onion Monster Munch.... I'm going to have to wait for a UN Aid Package from Blighty!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Things for my Red Cross Food Parcel:

Sausage roll/pork pie. NOT massed produced, but from the local corner shop in Barnsley which had them delivered from the local bakery.

Cornish Pasty

M&S Shepherd's Pie (sorry Trader Joe's, you try but it's not as good)

Good quality roast lamb

Chocolate Hob-Nobs

Cheese and Onion crisps

Cumberland or Lincolnshire sausages

Worcester Apples

Bacon with meat on it (I haven't yet built up the courage to get it mail order, I know it can be done, but I'm unsure about ordering meat through the post - any recommendations anyone?)

Yorkshire pudding

And if you could sneak in an uncensored Top Gear, that would be great as well.

OK, it's now looking like I regret moving. Believe me, I don't, life is great near DC (snow notwithstanding). I don't regret the move, but that doesn't mean I can't pine for some comfort food.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Rougesvp
Poppy,

How old do you have to be, to be a "Preferred Senior"?

executive BE member
since 2001

Since watching "An idiot abroad" I've got an urge to scoff Pickled Onion Monster Munch.... I'm going to have to wait for a UN Aid Package from Blighty!

Its a private joke with some of the other oldies
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Cornish Pasties anyone ever seen them here can't say I have but only just started looking!
Am probably repeating what others have said. Started to read all the threads but had to stop for a digestive and a cuppa. Anyway try www.englishporkpiecompany.com. The prices are so so and I expect shipping is expensive. They also have "proper" bacon and sausages. Being of an older generation I could make my own but lack the will somehow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.