Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:46 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by SuperOwls
Oooooh look what ive just found - http://www.4and20pastycompany.com/

I know where i am going tomorrow
Well, now!

TBH, the pasties seem a bit overpriced, but the butcher shop looks excellent. Cumberland sausages and back bacon for $6.50 a pound! Black pudding!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Well, now!

TBH, the pasties seem a bit overpriced, but the butcher shop looks excellent. Cumberland sausages and back bacon for $6.50 a pound! Black pudding!!!!
Just around the corner from where i work as well
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:04 pm

Just around the corner from where i work as well
Lucky you! $60 shipping to us, but you know I'm going to get some anyway...
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:30 pm

I know where i am going tomorrow
Were you in there around 1PM Eastern, today?

It's just, I called them to ask a question, spoke to the bloke (who's a Brit, incidentally) and he said he had a customer in. It would be an awesome coincidence if it was you.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Neko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud of

It's just, I called them to ask a question, spoke to the bloke (who's a Brit, incidentally) and he said he had a customer in. It would be an awesome coincidence if it was you.
It's a plot. They went there to get all the stuff you wanted before you could make your order, and only just barely made it in time!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Neko128
It's a plot.
Tell us something we don't know. Everything's a conspiracy...
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

jenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to all

Has anyone tried Aldi's "british style" chocolate? It may not be exactly like Cadburys, but it's a lot better than (yuck) hersheys, and that "made in america" Cadburys rubbish.

It's also very inexpensive.

I have noticed that Aldi have a lot of seasonal stuff for christmas that is both reasonably priced and similar to things I would get in the UK.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

No it wasnt me. An hour earlier though.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 7:48 am
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Originally Posted by jenniferpa
Has anyone tried Aldi's "british style" chocolate? It may not be exactly like Cadburys, but it's a lot better than (yuck) hersheys, and that "made in america" Cadburys rubbish.

It's also very inexpensive.

I have noticed that Aldi have a lot of seasonal stuff for christmas that is both reasonably priced and similar to things I would get in the UK.
Where do you get it? I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Anything is better than Americanised Cadbury! :S
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

jenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to all

It depends if you're in an area where Aldi is.

http://aldi.us/index_ENU_HTML.htm
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:42 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Safeway yesterday and brought some Crosse & Blackwell Mincemeat -yummmmmmm so I will be making loads of mincepies this year as the jar was hooogeeee!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

BackandForth is an unknown quantity at this point

I recommend Amazon as long as you ensure you are buying from Amazon and not an affiliate. Beans, HP Sauce PG Tips, get in bulk and sign up for auto delivery and save extra 15%. You are not committed to any amount and can accelerate or cancel shipments if you want. Free shipping over $25 too. Well worth a look for some goods.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

rach1015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RickWG
Took me about 18 years to find out Dove is actually Galaxy...
omg thats the best tip i have found so far reading this thread!! thankyou
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:52 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Another Houston specific one.
Phoenicia, 12141 Westheimer sells a huge range of british food at reasonable prices. I saw lots of chocolate, Ribena, Heinz beans etc. Not much more than UK prices.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:34 am
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Originally Posted by RickWG
Took me about 18 years to find out Dove is actually Galaxy...
O my gosh, they're the same thing? Like, literally the same thing? I always knew they were similar, but I didn't think they were actually the same thing! You've honestly just made my day, RickWG. And my Mum and sister's, for that matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.