Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by AddyLaddy
There is a Bartell Drugs store at the bottom of my office skyscraper. I popped in for some 'drugs' today and found they sell Cadburys chocolate bars; Dairy Milk, Fruit n Nut, Caramello and a Dark one.
I guess these are probably just Hershey clones but I bought them all to find out!
The Dairy Milk is pretty good, but the Caramello is rank. They are sold all over the place here - CVS, Target, Walgreens, Rainbow...
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I saw this today and thought of you guys..

http://www.insightreport.co.uk/store...ainsburys2.jpg
You cruel bitch.

I did go into my local Harris Teeter in search of Bisto, which I didn't find. I was thrilled that they had a little British section! Hob Nobs, Choc Digestives, Custard, Rice Pudding, Penguins, Pickled Onions, Spotted Dick, Peas, Baked Beans, Heinz Tomato soup and a few other things. I got pickled onions, I used to live on the things years ago, the first one almost killed me with the vinegar going down the wrong way.

Last edited by bevinva; Oct 15th 2010 at 11:19 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:19 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this today and thought of you guys..

http://www.insightreport.co.uk/store...ainsburys2.jpg
You're having a laugh!!
I can beat that

The local Tescos back home.
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-597983-r1-054-25a_027.jpg  
Old Oct 16th 2010, 11:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So how much are Heinz Beans going in your area these days?

Where we've ended up, it's $2.40 a can...the Campbells Vegetarian beans are $1.50 they aren't quite the same, but they're still pretty good...bit mental considering the regular beans around here aren't all that cheap either, around the $2 mark for B&M beans, which are good, but for that kind of money, I'd rather hold out on Heinz.

Plus B&M aren't quite as great on toast, but they are lovely.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Where we've ended up, it's $2.40 a can...the Campbells Vegetarian beans are $1.50 they aren't quite the same, but they're still pretty good...bit mental considering the regular beans around here aren't all that cheap either, around the $2 mark for B&M beans, which are good, but for that kind of money, I'd rather hold out on Heinz.

I didn't even look at the price of beans, my dad used to have them at every meal, couldn't stand the sight of them.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:25 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
You cruel bitch.

I did go into my local Harris Teeter in search of Bisto, which I didn't find. I was thrilled that they had a little British section! Hob Nobs, Choc Digestives, Custard, Rice Pudding, Penguins, Pickled Onions, Spotted Dick, Peas, Baked Beans, Heinz Tomato soup and a few other things. I got pickled onions, I used to live on the things years ago, the first one almost killed me with the vinegar going down the wrong way.

oh I can do even better, tomorrow, I'll walk to my local bakeries and take a pic of all the cakes and pastries they have in their window..and post it up..

Yesterday I had an eccles cake that was the size of a grapefruit..and it was wonderful..
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:26 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You're having a laugh!!
I can beat that

The local Tescos back home.

we only have a morrisions and sainsbury's near us..
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I had an eccles cake that was the size of a grapefruit..and it was wonderful..
You've gone too far this time young ladyI'm getting you BANNED
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I'm working on it...'inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members' will not be tolerated...
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm working on it...inflammatory posts will not be tolerated.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

I have been buying them in the 99c store
But noticed World Markey $1.99
Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have been buying them in the 99c store
But noticed World Markey $1.99
A while back, up in Maine, Reny's had them for $1.25 a can, so I got loads back then, but down to one can now...amusing as I only eat them once in a blue moon

The little one can eat them straight out of the can, which is a little gross though...
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:04 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm working on it...'inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members' will not be tolerated...
I will hang my head in shame...

because I've just eaten the second one..
Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

we only have a morrisions and sainsbury's near us..
We only have a Sainsbury's ... but shiny new Tescos opens in a week.

Geeandtee

currently enjoying a handful of fruit gums
Old Oct 18th 2010, 12:36 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by geeandtee
We only have a Sainsbury's ... but shiny new Tescos opens in a week.

Geeandtee

currently enjoying a handful of fruit gums

looks like I'm not the only one with a cruel streak..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.