Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:14 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

We have so many threads on where to find certain brands of food from back home in the England...so I thought it might be nice to try and keep it all under 1 thread and add our finds/discount/offers that show up and share them with each other!

So today I was in Safeway, and maybe some of you knew this but it was news to me that they had a British munchie aisle.. so see pics below and have a look in your local store.
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-safeway-2.jpg   UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-safeway-3.jpg   UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-safeway-4.jpg   UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-safeway-1.jpg  
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
We have so many threads on where to find certain brands of food from back home in the England...so I thought it might be nice to try and keep it all under 1 thread and add our finds/discount/offers that show up and share them with each other!

So today I was in Safeway, and maybe some of you knew this but it was news to me that they had a British munchie aisle.. so see pics below and have a look in your local store.
We have the same aisle down at the Fred Meyers, downtown..... However, our Heinz Tomato Soup is cheaper than yours.....
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Will you buy a couple of the Mint Aeros for me pleaseYou can eat them and then let me know how good they were. Choccy is a no-no for me right now
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

We managed to find the most expensive Jaffa Cakes I have ever seen, among other things. I can't seem to work out how to post a photo though
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:32 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

really getting worried about you going in stores taking pics of the goodies.. you need a trip to the UK.

Last edited by candy wy.; Oct 7th 2010 at 1:34 am.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:33 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taffie77
We managed to find the most expensive Jaffa Cakes I have ever seen, among other things. I can't seem to work out how to post a photo though
Go to make a new post and click on manage attachments further down the page..a page will pop up and you then DL from your computer the pcs you want to post it will tell you when its finished DL..then close the window and post
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by candy wy.
really getting worried about you going in stores taking pics of the goodies.. you need a trip to the UK.
Woman as you well know I work in the industry and spend hours in these stores...I have loads of flippen files on pricing etc I have to track the trends.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:37 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Woman as you well know I work in the industry and spend hours in these stores...I have flippen files or pricing etc I have to track the trends.

don't make excuses to me its them new contacts.. you can actually see things now
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I could have taken those photos at my local Gary's Wine Store. Gary's is a local supplier...he's got about 4 stores. If there's anything you want...he'll do his best to get it.

A certain person said the same about me 4 years or so ago. Believe it or not being able to buy stuff like that locally really helped me to settle down here.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:42 am
staying around

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A certain person said the same about me 4 years or so ago. Believe it or not being able to buy stuff like that locally really helped me to settle down here.

I went out my way to buy a tin of birds custard about 3 weeks ago I thought I needed it and nothing else would do, it is now sat in the cupboard unoped and will probably stay that way..most the time I look at english food in the store and realize I dont miss it..

except for cadburys..
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:42 am
Just Joined

RuggedRascal is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not found anything at all in my local supermarkets unfortunately, but there is an 'ethnic foods' aisle in a Kroger that I use that has things like curry powder/sauce, chinese foods etc. Naturally I appreciate that moving to another country I'm not going to find shelves stacked with Walkers crisps and mushy peas, but it doesn't stop me missing them!
I have found a few online stores that specifically sell English food, but they are so expensive. I have found 'substitutes' for most things and I have also discovered lots of new and fantastic food. I won't go hungry - certainly in the US!
Obviously geographical factors come in to this... For instance, if you live in LA then there is a good chance you will find lots of stores selling English food, but if like me you live in Kentucky - No chance!
I'm sure it's like the age old thing of Brits going on holiday, if a family goes to Marbella for 2 weeks, the first thing they look for is an English bar! Having said that, like I said, it doesn't stop me missing Marmite!!
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:43 am

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;8901215]I could have taken those photos at my local Gary's Wine Store. Gary's is a local supplier...he's got about 4 stores. If there's anything you want...he'll do his best to get it.

LOL Bit far for most folk to travel to Garys......but Safeway is a National store so will accomodate the needs of more expats.

Safeway has a total of 1,521 stores in the United States and 222 stores in Canada, over 80% of which are located in Western states and provinces. The greatest concentration of Safeway branches is in California with 521 stores (including the 295 branded as Vons), followed by Washington State with 168 stores and Colorado with 122. In Canada, the greatest number of Safeway locations is in Alberta with 88 stores and British Columbia with 78 stores.[27]
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Go to make a new post and click on manage attachments further down the page..a page will pop up and you then DL from your computer the pcs you want to post it will tell you when its finished DL..then close the window and post
Thanks! That's what I thought at first, but it didn't show in the preview. Here you go, the British section at the Byerly's in St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Attached Thumbnails UK Foods in the US Share your finds!-img_1956.jpg  
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I went out my way to buy a tin of birds custard about 3 weeks ago I thought I needed it and nothing else would do, it is now sat in the cupboard unoped and will probably stay that way..most the time I look at english food in the store and realize I dont miss it..

except for cadburys..
I used to miss Cadbury's but now I know I can buy it locally I don't miss it as much. I can get Bird's Custard, Robinson's Blackcurrant and Barley Sugar Juice, Pickled Onions, Piccalilli, Hob Nobs, McVities and a whole host more. That and being able to at last watch UK TV programs and BE of course really helps. I just wish they'd all been available 14 years ago when I moved here...it would have helped with a lot of my depression and heart ache.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:27 am

Cornish Pasties anyone ever seen them here can't say I have but only just started looking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.