Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:26 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by winchester
Was pleasantly surprised to find mcvities digestives (plain and chocolate) in a walmart in rochester mn.

Absolutely blown away to find them in my local walmart in wisconsin a few weeks later. Civilisation has reached the midwest at last

Presumably if they have them here they must have them at all/most locations nationwide?

We have them here in Charlotte, NC as well as HP sauce
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:27 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Paid a visit to the "Ethnic Foods" section of the Publix at the junction of Hwy 192 and Hwy 429, in Kissimmee, FL, this afternoon and picked up the following;

Jammie Dodgers
Jacobs Cream Crackers
Jaffa Cakes
Penguins
Galaxy Chocolate Bars
Salad Cream
Blackcurrant Jam
HP Sauce
Bisto Gravy
Yorkshire Pudding Mix
Olde English Marmalade (Hartleys)
PG Tips.

Nice afternoon.

Jim.
That Publix is awesome I seem to go to it every time I am in Orlando
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by penguinbar
It's the Upper East Side. It's really a ripoff.! Morton Williams has some Candy as well as Economy candy. I figured since it was in my neighborhood I would check it out. The staff weren't very friendly either. I've been by Tea and Sympothy but never in it. The Butchers Block which is just a short train ride away in Queens has much better prices. I posted a comment on Facebook and my UK friends have informed me packages will be on the way!
It's always nice when your UK friends come through Nobody is allowed to come and visit us unless they bring the biggest box of PG Tips with them.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:19 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil75
It's always nice when your UK friends come through Nobody is allowed to come and visit us unless they bring the biggest box of PG Tips with them.
They always do! My inlaws on the other hand..... .
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by WEBlue
I can't get my head around this. Why BB&B would carry food of ANY kind puzzles me no end. . . . But I shall venture inside one & see if I can find some goodies.
Amazed me too, but the one near us has some pretty impressive stuff inside. Maybe call and find out first if your local store has one, ours only started carrying food about 6 months ago. Looks like it started out as a pilot scheme through Cost Plus World Market, fingers crossed it does well and stays.

Look somebody even made a video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gQ7e7jEA1I
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:27 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My inlaws made a big deal that they brought my husband over two big bars of dairy milk!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

My inlaws made a big deal that they brought my husband over two big bars of dairy milk!
That's terrible, hope you gave them a big long list for the next time they visited!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by denzil75
That's terrible, hope you gave them a big long list for the next time they visited!
It wouldn't make a difference. They're just cheap!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still getting a lot of stuff not available locally shipped from www.britishcornershop.co.uk.

Gets here pretty quick and the prices are very reasonable.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
I'm still getting a lot of stuff not available locally shipped from www.britishcornershop.co.uk.

Gets here pretty quick and the prices are very reasonable.
Second that. I've shopped with these guys quite a lot. Shipping can be expensive BUT if you get a couple of people to go in with you, not that bad.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:39 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

They opened up a British candy store near me called the London Candy Company. Such a ripoff! $6.00 for a small bag of Maltesers. $2.50 for a Cadbury egg, $7.50 for Penguin Biscuits and $3.00 for a tiny pack of Galaxy Minstrels! It was my husbands birthday so I bought them. Unbelievable!
All of which you can get at any supermarket in Canada, pretty much, except the minstrels. The cadbury creme eggs sold in the US are made in Ontario.

If you live in New York I suggest a trip to Niagara-On-The-Lake.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:40 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Paid a visit to the "Ethnic Foods" section of the Publix at the junction of Hwy 192 and Hwy 429, in Kissimmee, FL, this afternoon and picked up the following;
That always cracks me up. What really cracks me up is they have Canadian stuff like Coffee Crisps in the ethnic food section.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_
All of which you can get at any supermarket in Canada, pretty much, except the minstrels. The cadbury creme eggs sold in the US are made in Ontario.

That's pretty far from Manhattan!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_

I can get US made Cadbury eggs anywhere but the chocolate isn't the same.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 9:52 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Haha, I currently work for Publix - love their British sections.

Irn Bru, Yorkshire Pudding and Club biscuits - pretty much your 3 staples.

Lucozade for when you are feeling poorly.

It's awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.