UK to Florida - Nurse

UK to Florida - Nurse

Old Dec 26th 2020, 3:25 pm
M11
Just Joined

M11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK to Florida - Nurse

Hello,

I'm in the process of applying for the CGFNS CES I'm a Registered Nurse - Adult, I just wanted to check before paying for the service that I would be eligible to work as a registered nurse with my UK qualification? I'm having trouble finding the requirements or procedures and any additional steps I may need to take if my UK qualification isn't sufficient.

Thank you!
Old Dec 26th 2020, 3:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Florida - Nurse

You can check here on this forum on BE

https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurs...ccupations-72/

Old Dec 28th 2020, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to research the Florida state requirements. I can almost guarantee you'll need to go back to school and get through enough prerequisites.

Google "florida nclex requirements". That should set you on the right path.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

You'll still need a valid method of immigration too.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute

I think you’ll have to make up the hours that you are lacking in to satisfy the Florida BON, are you with an nursing recruitment agency? If so they will advice you on theoretical hours required.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

JosieHUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by M11
Hello,

I'm in the process of applying for the CGFNS CES I'm a Registered Nurse - Adult, I just wanted to check before paying for the service that I would be eligible to work as a registered nurse with my UK qualification? I'm having trouble finding the requirements or procedures and any additional steps I may need to take if my UK qualification isn't sufficient.

Thank you!
hi M11

I’m in the exact same position as you! UK Adult nurse trying my hardest to find answers as to whether nursing in Florida is possible. I’ve been in contact with the Florida BON who advised that as I don’t have the required hours in mental health, obstetrics etc, that I should apply for to the Florida BON for nursing licensure + have my education evaluated. They then would look at my application at a ‘board meeting’ and decide from there whether they’d accept my application -IF they accepted then would of course have to do a remedial course to make up required hours, THEN sit my NCLEX. The lady who I was in contact with was lovely but also quite vague when I asked if UK adult nurses had been successful in gaining a nursing license in Florida.

I’m slightly nervous as it costs a lot to even apply/have credentials reviewed; for them to potentially turn around and decline my application. Have you made any progress with your application?

Old Jan 22nd 2021, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the CGFNS to do CES is a part of the process. If you know that your education doesn't contain modules you need and your not prepared to take the courses to get them don't bother. My wife did her course at UWE and it did contain everything she was lucky as I believe the syllabus changed the year after.

If you want to come over get the CES asap as it can be a long process as they request transcripts directly from the University and you need the certificate from them for immigration purposes
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

JosieHUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lanyu
Getting the CGFNS to do CES is a part of the process. If you know that your education doesn't contain modules you need and your not prepared to take the courses to get them don't bother. My wife did her course at UWE and it did contain everything she was lucky as I believe the syllabus changed the year after.

If you want to come over get the CES asap as it can be a long process as they request transcripts directly from the University and you need the certificate from them for immigration purposes
thanks for your reply! I also studied at UWE! Sadly my course only touched upon the required fields (mental health etc) with a little bit of theory. I would definitely need to take a remedial course to make up the theory and clinical hours. I’m just a little confused on how that would work with visas.. I doubt I could get in on a student visa to take a remedial course?

Thanks for your advice - going to get started on the CGFNS CES. I’ve looked on UWE website and transcripts of my degree are £75.. a little confused whether I request these from UWE then send over to CGFNS, or whether I don’t need to do that and CGFNS handle everything? Still trying to get my head around this lengthy process!
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JosieHUK
thanks for your reply! I also studied at UWE! Sadly my course only touched upon the required fields (mental health etc) with a little bit of theory. I would definitely need to take a remedial course to make up the theory and clinical hours. I’m just a little confused on how that would work with visas.. I doubt I could get in on a student visa to take a remedial course?

Thanks for your advice - going to get started on the CGFNS CES. I’ve looked on UWE website and transcripts of my degree are £75.. a little confused whether I request these from UWE then send over to CGFNS, or whether I don’t need to do that and CGFNS handle everything? Still trying to get my head around this lengthy process!
Unless it's changed the CGFNS has forms you download and complete you give the form to UWE pay the fee and they have to mail it directly to CGFNS.

I believe you can take the courses in the UK it would be no different than it being included in the course. I believe oxford brookes may do some.

Last edited by Lanyu; Jan 23rd 2021 at 9:31 am.