UK Driving History for US Insurance

UK Driving History for US Insurance

Old Dec 6th 2014, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Goodlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: UK Driving History for US Insurance

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Shall I get Matron for you?

Not just me. As I keep saying, the evidence is in the forums.

What on earth are you wittering on about now? What 70 year old?
You are right the world is wrong. It's you against the world.
Have a great Xmas and a cracking renewal quote .
Old Dec 7th 2014, 7:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Driving History for US Insurance

Originally Posted by GeoffM

Not just me. As I keep saying, the evidence is in the forums.
That might be the case, but a lot of it is still just a sales pitch.

The discounts and rates will all depend on location at the end of the day and some states will be different to others.

There's nothing wrong with trying to use NCB's or prior driving history if you've got it handy, but it's not worth the agro to get either if you don't.

It seems the biggest difference having it to hand is whether you get treated as a spotty 15 year old who has just gotten a permit compared to a spotty 18 year rate with a new license.
Old Oct 9th 2015, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

MCDesi is an unknown quantity at this point

OK so this took a while but I managed to have some success. I obtained my UK Driving History from the DVLA using for D888. The DVLA used to charge 5 pounds but it's free now.
Once I got that I sent it to my insurance company (GEICO) my premium is at least 1/3 (maybe even more) less than it was before. I don't know exactly because I added a second car to my policy around the same time. For comparison purposes I was paying about $250 per month for 1 car without them taking my UK driving history and now am paying $177 per month for 2 cars.
Things to note, they will only accept the foreign driving history within 90 days of starting the policy and then they will only apply it once they have received it and accepted it, they don't back-date it.
So this is especially useful for new people coming over and I would recommend brining your driving history with you and have it for when you apply for your car insurance.
Old Oct 9th 2015, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up going with American family . They accepted my UK driving record and my rate with them was around $600 a year compared to most others wanting from $1200 to $1800