Reload this Page >

UK Driving History for US Insurance

UK Driving History for US Insurance

Old Oct 24th 2014, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

MCDesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Driving History for US Insurance

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Wasn't there a new thing where you could check your driving history online?

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Will tell you when you got your license, what you can drive and penalty points.
Looks like this provides the right info but I think Geico need it on official letter-headed paper from the DVLA.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Paper license has all your driving convictions on it, that's the one you have to submit if you get points..
I checked my paper license and the photocard and it doesn't say on either when I originally got my license. I don't have points/convictions so that's fine and the photocard has the start date of when I last got my licene renewed.

I'm going to get the info from the DVLA and pay the 5 quid - useful to have no matter who I end up getting insurance from as it could help.

Here is the response I got from the DVLA for anyone who may need to do the same:

To request this information you will need to complete a D888 request form mandate, this is available to download from www.Gov.uk and send to the following department:

DVRE Team

DVLA

Swansea

SA99 1AJ

The fee for this transaction is £5.00. Please make your cheque or postal order payable to ‘DVLA Swansea’.

Your licence details will be posted to the address indicated on your D888.

Please allow three weeks for receipt.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 12:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chapmandan
Hi Bob, Would you DM me the details also please? We'll be in the Metro West area from January and it would be mighty useful to have a reliable broker to contact.
We're focussing in on the 495/95/90 pocket as suggested by your good self and others.
Sure, I'll forward the deets your way
Old Oct 24th 2014, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chapmandan

495/95/90 pocket
What is that????
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
What is that????
I would guess an area of the country bounded on three sides by roads having the numbers 495, 95 and 90.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

I would guess an area of the country bounded on three sides by roads having the numbers 495, 95 and 90.
This is correct - they are all Interstates.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Huh? What did I miss? What's that got to do with the DVLA, US car insurance and driving history?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Huh? What did I miss? What's that got to do with the DVLA, US car insurance and driving history?
It was in relation to a recommended insurance broker in MA.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I have mercury insurance. They did ask for the letter from the DVLA which fortunately I had.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 11:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What is that????
It's the metrowest area of MA, where those interstates meet up, as mentioned.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gillymonkey
I have mercury insurance. They did ask for the letter from the DVLA which fortunately I had.
Did the letter from the DVLA state when you first got your license or just when your current license started?
Old Oct 25th 2014, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCDesi
I checked my paper license and the photocard and it doesn't say on either when I originally got my license...
The back of your UK photocard licence will have all the categories of vehicle you are allowed to drive and beside each category is the start date (ie. when you passed the test for that particular category) and the renewal date.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zzrmark
The back of your UK photocard licence will have all the categories of vehicle you are allowed to drive and beside each category is the start date (ie. when you passed the test for that particular category) and the renewal date.
Oh yes it does. That should do the trick then along with my counterpart. Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2014, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Goodlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
so in order for previous history to be taken into consideration we would have to get this letter from the DVLA?
Old Oct 25th 2014, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

andrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said from the start, your photocard and paper license should be all you need, what else could there possibly be to know that isn't on them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.