Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

uk driver's licence - how to keep ?

uk driver's licence - how to keep ?

Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:29 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk driver's licence - how to keep ?

Originally Posted by meauxna
lol, hyperbole much?

I never knew Wenatchee was so... international. Were they dragging the Indian women by their hair?
hah - nope it's just a different society thats all. When I was in my 20's I spend 6 years with the police and we symbolically touched someone on the shoulder and said they were under arrest. Here is like the 1600's controlled violence with leg irons and stuff. All ex-pat societies (USA) hold onto the ways of the motherland (england). For instance the icelanders speak a 1000 year old version of danish whereas the old country has moved on. So much of the USA is like that, from religion to using words like 'gotten' which went out in england a long time ago. Felonies and misdemeanours don't exist in england.
A lot of it is like England in the 50's (eg writing checks and having a little reconciliation book), and don't admit that you dont believe in gaaaaaard or you will be ostracised by the town - but i was there in the 50's so I know how to exist in that society - you just give unto caesar that which is caesar's

I half expect to see village stocks for misdemeanorists (George w talk) and ducking stools and head shaving - but non so far.

The news seems to be all about who had sex with whom and the world outside does not exist. I listen to BBC 4 on the internet to learn whats afoot outside the bubble

It sounds like I don't like the USA but I find it very interesting and that offsets the bad extremes.

If someone asked me if I liked the USA I would have to say 'which bit ?

Do I like some religious nut having sex with dozens of 13 year old girls (including his many daughters) who believe he is a prophet ? or the kind people who welcome me and the incredible landscapes ? It's all the USA but people who say they like it all are not thinking and observing hard enough.

Pick the best, forget the rest is the only way to handle it
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Native Americans are also descended from aliens.

It is just a question of time.

I just aplied for a booze license, very nice lady, but we had an issue with the non USC bit, never had one before.

But she said we will fill it in send it of to State and if they have any questions let them sort it out.

Quite refreshing.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:24 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Native Americans are also descended from aliens.

It is just a question of time.

I just aplied for a booze license, very nice lady, but we had an issue with the non USC bit, never had one before.

But she said we will fill it in send it of to State and if they have any questions let them sort it out.

Quite refreshing.
yes everyone who walked out of africa 100 000 years ago (or last thursday if you are baptist) is an alien where they are...

heck - looks like becoming a usc will have advantages after all if i dont want to be discriminated against

I bet all those US service personnel in the UK dont want this to come out as they are equal humans in all respects
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by exvj
yes everyone who walked out of africa 100 000 years ago (or last thursday if you are baptist) is an alien where they are...

heck - looks like becoming a usc will have advantages after all if i dont want to be discriminated against

I bet all those US service personnel in the UK dont want this to come out as they are equal humans in all respects
A lot more recent.

And Asia.

As a general comment, Citizenship should have some advantages.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler
A lot more recent.

And Asia.

As a general comment, Citizenship should have some advantages.
yes my pal has been here 12 years on a GC - has wife , kids in school, job, house, car , his whole life is here - but he is risking it - they could throw him out if he did some clay pigeon shooting in washington - its a deportable felony

i bet there are some more nasties about if we looked hard enough

yes the black passport is the answer - can always send it back when england becomes mediterranean in climate and they cut VAT to 5%
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It's blue.

(why do I do this?!?!)

PS: there are some excellent sporting clay courses in N California. If you have a Florida carry permit, look at Idaho for your fun.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
It's blue.

(why do I do this?!?!)

PS: there are some excellent sporting clay courses in N California. If you have a Florida carry permit, look at Idaho for your fun.
Yes I could jump on my 1250 suzuki bandit and whizz over there (200 miles or so) - keep the rifle in idaho i guess.

I do feel totally equal in Florida and I am treated as such - so its a shame everywhere isnt the same

Wenatchee is 160 miles from the state border in any direction i reckon

Who knows - dont think i will risk it - I will have enough on with the river police with their binoculars and helicopters and speed boats - landing on a river bank in the woods 80 miles from the nearest toilet is a trespass crime apparently

Still, they dont have speed cameras so thats a big improvement on the UK

I just learned its the prozac capital of the world - I am sure they cant all be GC holders bemoaning their target rifles... I will cheer the buggers up when I arrive

Wenatchee also has the reputation for being the Prozac capital of the world. PBS did a documentary about this called Welcome to Happy Valley which chronicled a particular psychologist, self proclaimed the "pied piper of Prozac," who handed the stuff out like it was candy on Halloween (he has since lost his license to practice).