Reload this Page >

UK Drivers Licence --> Connecticut Licence

UK Drivers Licence --> Connecticut Licence

Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Paul_Kingtiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Drivers Licence --> Connecticut Licence

Hello,
I move over to Connecticut, I've got a clean UK Drivers licence and an International Drivers Permit.

Is there any way to convert this to a Connecticut license without starting from scratch?

I know I have to take a mandatory 8 hour classroom course, but are there any short cuts? Anyone been through this in Connecticut and could give me some pointers?

Also buying a car. Seems you have to register the car, and the DMV says you need a Connecticut licence to do so. Is there any way to use the international permit? I've found an insurance company that will accept the Int permit (Progressive) and the premiums are actually not too bad. But I really want to buy the car (second hand) before I get the Connecticut licence.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Old Sep 12th 2009, 12:38 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Drivers Licence --> Connecticut Licence

Linky.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 2:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Drivers Licence --> Connecticut Licence

permit isn't any use as it's just a translation of your license or a photo id.

Your starting from scratch, but check the details on the DMV site because some states will allow you to avoid those permit hours if your over 21/25 or whatever...does depend on the state but I know that was the case with Maine.