Reload this Page >

UK Credit Report

UK Credit Report

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Welsh_girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Credit Report

Hi All,

Hope everyone is looking forward to July 4th weekend??

I'm after some advice from anyone who has managed to access their UK Credit Report from over here in the States.

My husband and I are trying to get a mortgage over here and our mortgage expert has asked us to get a copy of our UK credit report which is proving really difficult. THe biggest problem is that we're under a 2 week time constraint. So far, I have tried Experian and Equifax, neither of which will allow me to put in a US address as my current address and the customer service teams are hideously unhelpful. I have been passed around from person to multiple choice answer phone for over an hour and I'm really losing patience.

Can anyone help? Please??

THanks, Sara
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Credit Report

Are you not able to get e-mailed? I am not from UK but Australia's credit agency does that. Or may be send it to a family and they can scan and send it to you?
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

They won't email it because we don't have a current UK address. We apparently have to apply in writing to get it but as we only have 2 weeks to get this done, I very much doubt that it's going to get here in time. :0(
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh_girl
They won't email it because we don't have a current UK address. We apparently have to apply in writing to get it but as we only have 2 weeks to get this done, I very much doubt that it's going to get here in time. :0(
Sounds ridiculous. So how does someone who has not been in the UK for a while get access to their credit history....
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 5:19 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

When we did this (back in June 2008) we used our last UK address as our 'current' address and printed it out online. We had only just moved though so there wasn't much of a gap between leaving and applying for the report.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

Hi there

I have recently gone through a similar process (with BB&T who were absolutely fantastic). I had no US credit history so the bank commissioned an international credit check....this involved Experian contacting my UK mortgage company and credit card companies with me on the line to verify a credit history.

BB&T were not interested in that I had a shining credit history - more that I had had good credit (even though this was not factored into the application re. good credit history).

One word of caution - I spent a long time on my mortgage application and it went to underwriting (who had been kept onside) and they rejected the application! Thankfully the BB&T mortgage guy was great and got the Regional Director to approve without underwriting - and I got a 5.75% 30 year fixed rate.

Good luck!
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for all of your replies!

Washsaint, did your bank phone Experian US not Experian UK? That might work for us providing our mortgage guy is willing to phone them.

We're now through attorney review so crossing everything in the hope that this goes smoothly!

thanks again, Sara
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

Hi Sara

Yep, my US bank contacted Equifax US (my bad, not Experian!!) who then contacted me. I then gave them the details of the credit card companies and bank and we did the calls together.

Good luck!
Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

shoes25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welsh_girl
Hi All,

Hope everyone is looking forward to July 4th weekend??

I'm after some advice from anyone who has managed to access their UK Credit Report from over here in the States.

My husband and I are trying to get a mortgage over here and our mortgage expert has asked us to get a copy of our UK credit report which is proving really difficult. THe biggest problem is that we're under a 2 week time constraint. So far, I have tried Experian and Equifax, neither of which will allow me to put in a US address as my current address and the customer service teams are hideously unhelpful. I have been passed around from person to multiple choice answer phone for over an hour and I'm really losing patience.

Can anyone help? Please??

THanks, Sara
DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE HERE YOU COULD USE THEIR ADDRESS ,I THINK ONCE YOU OVERCOME THAT YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR CREDIT REPORT AND PRINT IT OUT
Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoes25
DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE HERE YOU COULD USE THEIR ADDRESS ,I THINK ONCE YOU OVERCOME THAT YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR CREDIT REPORT AND PRINT IT OUT
Please don't type in capitals, it's considered shouting!