Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK citizen, class 3 misdemeanour for speeding will it affect re-entering US?

UK citizen, class 3 misdemeanour for speeding will it affect re-entering US?

Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizen, class 3 misdemeanour for speeding will it affect re-entering US?

I wonder what happened to our OP, mattyb?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizen, class 3 misdemeanour for speeding will it affect re-entering US?

Originally Posted by mattyb
Thanks for all the replies, positive and negative. I don't have the time to reply individually to points that some of you raise just yet as I am on my way out of the door to fly to China (rick shaw or tuk tuk for me this time I think).

Cheers

Matt
Originally Posted by meauxna
I wonder what happened to our OP, mattyb?
Gone to China, I believe - probably got a ticket for speeding around Tianammen Square
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:53 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

see you on the drive home

Originally Posted by dbj1000
But the fact is, I have to deal with arsehole drivers here in the US every damned day.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:27 am
Just Joined

mattyb is an unknown quantity at this point

The op here - back from speeding around Tianammen Square (pesky tanks).

I've hired an attorney and spoken to more immigration officials and police officers.

As far as I can gather the Class 3 misdemeanor is meant to be transmitted to all States so that it gets pinged up when I enter the US. However, I am told that in reality they may not bother - it will show up in AZ though. Since it is a traffic violation then they are not too concerned about letting you into the country - a new/inexperienced immigration officer may ask you questions or pull you to one side.

The rental car company will probably be informed and I will probably face higher insurance charges on rentals in the future (if they want to rent to me at all).

When I spoke to an ex police officer (now immigration officer) he advised me to contest it, to this end I have hired an attorney who is dealing with my case.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited by mattyb; Nov 1st 2007 at 10:39 am.