Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Based Pension

UK Based Pension

Old Jan 4th 2018, 4:17 am
Just Joined

DrDogbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Based Pension

Ok so I have been going slightly crazy here trying to figure this out. So I have a pension in the UK and it has not done anything since 2014. I also have funds over in the US with a local broker who I have worked with via my employer.

What I want to do is to merge the two into a single retirement fund based in the USA so that I don't have to fill out the FBAR form, however when contacting the fund I need to have a QROPS or Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme in order to move the funds over.

Does anyone know of someone in the USA that I can contact so that I can move the funds into one of these schemes (and on the whole make my tax filing easier?). If it helps I'm in Washington state (Spokane)

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Cook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Based Pension

It is impossible under US domestic law to move money into a US qualified plan from a non-US qualified plan. The UK plan has always been FBAR & 8938 reportable.