Reload this Page >

UK Background Check for US Global Entry

UK Background Check for US Global Entry

Old Mar 30th 2022, 11:43 am
Just Joined

theozpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Background Check for US Global Entry

Hi All,

Over 3 weeks ago I submitted via the gov.uk website the application for a UK background check so that I could proceed with the US Global Entry application.

fast forward to today and I am yet to receive an email about it with a code. I did however receive an email straight after applying to say payment had been taken.

Has anyone else been delayed at this step before and if so, is there somebody that I can contact regarding this.

I am a dual Aussie/Brit passport holder and have only visited the UK once, does that make any difference?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 30th 2022, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Background Check for US Global Entry

When I did it pre covid I got the UK response in <24 hours - it was the quickest part of the process.
Old Mar 31st 2022, 12:19 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theozpilot
Hi All,

Over 3 weeks ago I submitted via the gov.uk website the application for a UK background check so that I could proceed with the US Global Entry application.

fast forward to today and I am yet to receive an email about it with a code. I did however receive an email straight after applying to say payment had been taken.

Has anyone else been delayed at this step before and if so, is there somebody that I can contact regarding this.

I am a dual Aussie/Brit passport holder and have only visited the UK once, does that make any difference?

Thanks in advance!
no idea where you applied, but assume it had a contact us area, maybe start there…

for the US side you can go to here…

https://www.login.gov/contact/

Old Mar 31st 2022, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by postbox134
When I did it pre covid I got the UK response in <24 hours - it was the quickest part of the process.

that’s what I’ve read but nothing for me. I’d apply again but it annoys me I’ve already paid the fee
Old Mar 31st 2022, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht
no idea where you applied, but assume it had a contact us area, maybe start there…

for the US side you can go to here…

If I had a contact I wouldn’t be on here. The link is useless because it’s a UK issue and there is no contact for the team that processes the UK background check.
Old Mar 31st 2022, 1:44 am
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

If I had a contact I wouldn’t be on here. The link is useless because it’s a UK issue and there is no contact for the team that processes the UK background check.
Why not use the one on the UK site?

https://www.gov.uk/contact/govuk

or put your issue in m the feedback form?

https://www.gov.uk/done/apply-faster-entry-usa
Old Mar 31st 2022, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

This seems like it would be a major problem. How are the UK going to vet you if you have never lived there? I doubt they can verify addresses, work history, etc. in Oz. GE is very invasive, so leaving stones unturned is not an option.

I would expect serious delays, if they can do it at all.
Old Mar 31st 2022, 5:14 pm
tht

Originally Posted by retzie
This seems like it would be a major problem. How are the UK going to vet you if you have never lived there? I doubt they can verify addresses, work history, etc. in Oz. GE is very invasive, so leaving stones unturned is not an option.

I would expect serious delays, if they can do it at all.
there is also a way they can get use of Global Entry Kiosks via another program for Australian Citizens… so a bit random they went the UK route….
Old Apr 1st 2022, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
there is also a way they can get use of Global Entry Kiosks via another program for Australian Citizens… so a bit random they went the UK route….
Wait, there's an AU option?! I had assumed the OP had chosen the UK because that was their only option. Strange decision
Old Apr 1st 2022, 12:32 pm
tht

Originally Posted by retzie
Wait, there's an AU option?! I had assumed the OP had chosen the UK because that was their only option. Strange decision
the US version of APEC does
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...rams/apec-faqs
The AU program seems more onerous, not dug in to any details, it may be business travel only as well: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/ente...lian-citizens#
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

porkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to slightly hijack - but do you get anything *other* than the code when your background check is complete?
Is there a document or something to print off and take to the interview? All I can find is my code.
Old Apr 25th 2022, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by porkedpie
Sorry to slightly hijack - but do you get anything *other* than the code when your background check is complete?
Is there a document or something to print off and take to the interview? All I can find is my code.
I merely got the code if I recall correctly.