British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   UK approved passport photos in the US (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/uk-approved-passport-photos-us-598866/)

talljohn Mar 20th 2009 6:09 pm

UK approved passport photos in the US

Hi all,

Just found this forum and hoping someone can help me. I need to renew my UK passport as it had a small incident with the washing machine last year. I know I can just send off to Washington and get this done but I cannot find anywhere that is able to meet the requirements for the photos. My first attempt was AAA but they just did the standard US 2" by 2" with a white background and I know these are not acceptable.

Does anyone know of either a chain that understands the requirements or even a good independent in the Indianapolis area?

Any ideas would be much appreciated as I need to get this done before I go back and get my new Visa in May.

Thanks,

John

sime303 Mar 20th 2009 6:18 pm

Re: UK approved passport photos in the US

Originally Posted by talljohn (Post 7401900)
Hi all,

Just found this forum and hoping someone can help me. I need to renew my UK passport as it had a small incident with the washing machine last year. I know I can just send off to Washington and get this done but I cannot find anywhere that is able to meet the requirements for the photos. My first attempt was AAA but they just did the standard US 2" by 2" with a white background and I know these are not acceptable.

Does anyone know of either a chain that understands the requirements or even a good independent in the Indianapolis area?

Any ideas would be much appreciated as I need to get this done before I go back and get my new Visa in May.

Thanks,

John

Do a search for passport photos. I have to renew mine in a year or so and I have read that some people take their own and print them.

Paul S Mar 20th 2009 6:31 pm

local Walgreens here lets you print them in the UK format, although I've alway's found their piccies to be a tad too dark for my liking. For my UK passport renewal last year I went to CVS and trimmed to suit the UK requirements.....

Result??? 1 shiny new UK passport:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MsElui Mar 20th 2009 7:22 pm

get american passport photos as they are done to the same biometric standards as they uk and thats the key bit (ie ratio between features etc). The us photos just have more background as they are wider - but if you look at the washington embassy guidelines it actually tells you NOT to cut the photo if its larger (ie american sized).

I JUST got my daughters UK passport back today - after sending in bog standard US passport photos.

Mummy in the foothills Mar 20th 2009 7:22 pm

I used epassportphoto.com for Dh's. Have got it back yet, but you can do many different country sizes.

Sue Mar 22nd 2009 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 7402068)
I used epassportphoto.com for Dh's. Have got it back yet, but you can do many different country sizes.

We've used them too.