Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK’s NVQ or City & Guilds qualifications in USA

UK’s NVQ or City & Guilds qualifications in USA

Old Nov 8th 2013, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Caritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really nice
Default UK’s NVQ or City & Guilds qualifications in USA

Hello, everyone,

I would like to kindly ask if anyone here in the USA have had their UK educational qualifications evaluated for any or all of the following:

⁻ City & Guilds II;
⁻ City & Guilds III;
⁻ National Vocational Qualification - Level 2 (NVQ 2 or VQ II);
⁻ National Vocational Qualification - Level 3 (NVQ 3 or VQ III).

If so, could you let me know the US equivalent of those UK qualifications? I am asking because I want to make sure that it is worth the money paid to a credentialing service against going back to studies in USA.

Thank you very much.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK’s NVQ or City & Guilds qualifications in USA

Hi Caritas. Sorry I don't know the answer.

Some people here will be curious as to your situation...it can often help elicit a response if you explain what you're intending in a little more detail.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:20 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caritas
Hello, everyone,

I would like to kindly ask if anyone here in the USA have had their UK educational qualifications evaluated for any or all of the following:

⁻ City & Guilds II;
⁻ City & Guilds III;
⁻ National Vocational Qualification - Level 2 (NVQ 2 or VQ II);
⁻ National Vocational Qualification - Level 3 (NVQ 3 or VQ III).

If so, could you let me know the US equivalent of those UK qualifications? I am asking because I want to make sure that it is worth the money paid to a credentialing service against going back to studies in USA.

Thank you very much.
Sorry, but they're worthless in the US. Lower college level at the very best.

You're not trying to get a visa to live in the US based on finding a US job, on these qualifications are you?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Caritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really niceCaritas is just really nice

I am currently looking for a job, and I need to put down my UK qualifications like City & Guilds (which as you know does not mean a lot in USA, but can be evaluated to a US equivalent) on my resume.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:25 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently looking for a job, and I need to put down my UK qualifications like City & Guilds (which as you know does not mean a lot in USA, but can be evaluated to a US equivalent) on my resume.
Are you already in the US on a visa?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Yes. I'm in CA (California).
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:31 pm

Yes. I'm in CA (California).
I would say paying for a translation service for these qualifications would be pointless. They would at the very best give you a few college credits, that you could then use to go to an educational facility and use against a degree. To help get a job though, worthless.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Would any of them amount to the US Associate Degree level or thereabout?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Caritas...do you live here? On some sort of a visa? This information can help tailor advice...
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Mr. Scot as I said earlier, I live in Bay Area, SF, California. I arrived here last year with a GC, and I have been looking for a job. I need to put down my UK qualifications like the NVQ, City & Guilds (which as you know does not mean a lot in USA, but can be evaluated to something in US) on my resume.

I have heard that some people have had their NVQs as well as GCSEs evaluated. Certain jobs here as you're aware require High school Diploma or GED.

So, it would be helpful if anyone who have had their NVQ qualification evaluated to give me an idea as to what NVQ 2 or NVQ 3 would equate to here in US.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Caritas
All you previously said was that you are in CA. Many people can end up here via many different routes, which can affect your employment chances.

When asking for advice it's best to let people know as much detail as possible about your situation.
You're only just mentioned you have a Green Card and that's crucial information.
Are you on your own?
Are you here permanently as far as you know?
Living with family?
What kind of job are you looking for?
What are your skills?

Many of us here are widely experienced in different subjects and can offer varied advice that could be very valuable.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
.... What kind of job are you looking for?
What are your skills? .....
Right, what are your City & Guilds in, what skill/ trade/ subject?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

- Are you on your own? - Here with wife and kids

- Are you here permanently as far as you know? YES

- What kind of job are you looking for? - Anyone going to a foreign land takes whatever is available,and NOT what is not available.

- What are your skills? I thought I had some skills having worked for Royal Mail.

Caritas
All you previously said was that you are in CA. Many people can end up here via many different routes, which can affect your employment chances.

When asking for advice it's best to let people know as much detail as possible about your situation.
You're only just mentioned you have a Green Card and that's crucial information.
Are you on your own?
Are you here permanently as far as you know?
Living with family?
What kind of job are you looking for?
What are your skills?

Many of us here are widely experienced in different subjects and can offer varied advice that could be very valuable.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"What kind of job are you looking for? - Anyone going to a foreign land takes whatever is available,and NOT what is not available. "

Ok maybe someone else can help you here....I'm out.

Last edited by Hotscot; Nov 8th 2013 at 8:45 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

What's wrong with my response?

"What kind of job are you looking for? - Anyone going to a foreign land takes whatever is available,and NOT what is not available. "

Ok maybe someone else can help you here....I'm out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.